ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never bought any ASE's. Is $6.11 over spot a very good price?

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased some 2013s on Wednedsay for 4 bucks over spot.

I've read where some people say their shops are in the 2.50 to 3.50 range.

6.11 is pretty steep, you can get them online cheaper than that but the shipping might negate any savings unless you are looking to purchase a larger amount.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
accordselux said:
Not really. Maybe for the new year, since there is a higher demand, but most ASE's you can get 2-4 over spot.

You'd be wrong. Normally you're right. However, the mint has run out of 2013 ASEs. Premiums are going to going to be pretty high until they do a second run. Considering this, the price he paid is pretty good...

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
accordselux said:
Not really. Maybe for the new year, since there is a higher demand, but most ASE's you can get 2-4 over spot.

I would buy at $2 over spot. $4 is about the best I've seen myself.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Just received 20 - 2012 ASE's from Provident on Monday. $33.68 ea which included ship and handling. Their value went up $2 ea. while in the mail lol.
Matt I'd say that was a good buy on the 2013, like others said, it will prob carry a higher premium.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I can get them from one of my LCSs for 34.50, when silver was at 32 dollars an ounce. I only got one at the time. Another LCS that I go to has good prices for junk silver but they wanted 40 dollars for each 2013 ASE. even with the extra drive and such, it was worth it.

Sincerely, Garoulady

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
All of his prices seam pretty good.

Things are not what they seem.

You should have got it for $4 over spot for a regular 1oz round, or about $36. Personally I think you over paid but if you are happy, that is all that truly matters. You figure you could have got an extra dime out of him for what you paid, that should make you furious :D

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
They are $35.33 at Bullion Direct online today. So you paid a little high. But, that's fine. You re happy, you own silver, and a little more or less isn't going ot make that big of a difference over time. :-)

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be wrong. Normally you're right. However, the mint has run out of 2013 ASEs. Premiums are going to going to be pretty high until they do a second run. Considering this, the price he paid is pretty good...

Yes, 2013 is a special year.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering as was mentioned currently the Mint is sold out of 2013 ASE's.
Secondly the mint has had record sales for the ASE's these last couple of months. Highest sales numbers ever!
Thirdly. Any dealer who gets ASE's from the mint pays a 2.00 premium over spot per coin at the time they recieve the coins.

IMO I think you made a good buy as for the collectability of them.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Yea my local coin shop sells the silver eagles for 3 over spot but I dnt care too much for them mostly get rounds or bars for 2 over spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread