Question about star notes and crisp bill runs?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Modern small bill star notes are replacement notes, made after the first note with this number was found to be defective and then destroyed. 'Star notes' form a collecting specialty. Star notes, by their vary nature, are rarer than notes from the same issuing bank without stars. In all cases that I can think of they carry a premium collector's value.
Don...

dhandalton

Dec 22, 2012
Mackaydon said:
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Modern small bill star notes are replacement notes, made after the first note with this number was found to be defective and then destroyed. 'Star notes' form a collecting specialty. Star notes, by their vary nature, are rarer than notes from the same issuing bank without stars. In all cases that I can think of they carry a premium collector's value.
Don...

I have some questions I happen to have several star notes over 50 that my grandma for some reason kept them but don't know if I can just spend them cause they are not worth more then face value I looked some of them up and it said rare on some of them but when called a coin place they said just spend them ? So I'm confused dalton

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local coin shops will not pay much of a premium on them. Due to the fact that they would then have to sell them for even more to make a profit. I'd start by checking eBay and Craigslist to see if you could find a buyer. They are rare so keep at it.
That is all.
~Thorne~

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
dhandleton,
Welcome to Treasure Net.
Yes, one or more of your star notes may have significant premium value especially if the color of the seal is blue, red or yellow. You should be able to at least double your money on any star note that is over 50 years old.
Don.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread