New to CRH, first weeks finds!

solo1

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
MIDSOUTH
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all. Stumbled across this forum last week looking for cheaper solutions to finding silver coins. Ive read through alot of threads and tricks on finding coins and found this forum very helful and infomative. So as of now ive mainly focused on half dollars, ive went through a few hundred in dimes and quarters with no luck then moved on to halves. I started hitting some of the local banks and checking coinstars. I also travel quite a bit for work and have been trying to run an hour or so early to crh on my way to the jobsite. So far ive came up with around $70 in halves this week (3 rolls, the rest loose). My best score came from 2 rolls of halves in a small town yesterday, couldnt believe my eyes I know I scored big as soon as i opened them! 14 1964 kennedy halves! Now im hooked,lol.Huge props to everyone for all the great info on the site, the coin shop was getting a bit pricey! Anyway onto the results of the first week of CRH:thumbsup:

1- 40% kennedy half/ loose bank tray
1- 90% mercury dime/ coinstar return
14-90% kennedy halves/ bank rolls

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice finds on the '64s, been a quite awhile since I've found a 90% Ken - lately it's been cheaper for me to buy em at spot.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.. I just got into it too.. Found my first silver dime and a half dollar and was like a kid on christmas morning.. My wife thought I was nuts but thats happens periodically LOL.. Welcome to the most addictive hobby out there...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the madness! Good luck, Maverick.

OP
OP
solo1

solo1

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
MIDSOUTH
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for all the posistive feedback, it was a great week for sure!

Just a tip:
dont order too much coin at one time

nuff said

The most ive got at one time so far is a $100 in mixed quarters and dimes. Largest amount of halves was $23.50 when I scored the silver. Just been buying what they have on hand at the moment. I may try a box or 2 in the future but i get around so much for work i see more banks than i could ever stop at so ill stick to what ive been doing for now.

OP
OP
solo1

solo1

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
MIDSOUTH
Primary Interest:
Other
Well didnt have anywhere near as good of luck today as i did last go around. Stopped by 6 banks today while out of town (2 differant small towns) came up with $240 in rolls and $30 or so loose. Only found 1 40% kennedy half, not what i was hoping for but better than nothing!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Well didnt have anywhere near as good of luck today as i did last go around. Stopped by 6 banks today while out of town (2 differant small towns) came up with $240 in rolls and $30 or so loose. Only found 1 40% kennedy half, not what i was hoping for but better than nothing!

Still not that bad for that amount.

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your 90% find on that small volume was one that will stand out those don't come around that often (but that's how addicts are born)

:hello2:

OP
OP
solo1

solo1

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
MIDSOUTH
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, went through about another $250 in halves yesterday and got skunked. Think i ran into a bank that had someones dumps. They had 28 rolls on hand and i got 23 of them, so i guess ill let them keep the other 5 for now,lol. Think i might try ordering a box sooner than i planned. Just need an account at a bank that will order them for me cause ive been dumping at my bank that has branches all over the region and everyones been really nice about it ;)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Think i ran into a bank that had someones dumps. They had 28 rolls on hand and i got 23 of them, so i guess ill let them keep the other 5 for now
That's too bad, the other 5 were solid silver that granny dumped into the mix.

OP
OP
solo1

solo1

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
MIDSOUTH
Primary Interest:
Other
Well finally found some more silver yesterday. Had a little bit of a skunk streak going then ran across a bank sitting on 5 boxes of halves. Picked one up and got 3 40%ers out of it. Now onto the rest of their boxes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread