30,000 in halves planned for next week starting Tuesday.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30,000 in halves planned for friday

Hi gentlemen, I did 5,000 in halves recently and liked the results, I called all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ and ordered halves for Friday,

In all I ordered 60 boxes (30K)

My gameplay is to hopefully do them all that weekend with the help of my grandson and return them all throughout the following week in NJ.

I originally wanted to do 30k-35k in halves a week so I am planning one week will be to buy boxes and the next return them.

We shall see how this goes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find this very hard to believe. No one with a "modest sized brokerage firm" would have the time to look through that much coin. Let's say I'm wrong and you did have that much time though. Where would your business be if you were coin roll hunting that volume? I'm guessing your "modest sized brokerage firm" would be a mom and pop shop in less than a month. Fact of the matter is if what you say is true, then you should be able to back up your claim of hunting 30k in pictures. Most people on here just do it, then show pictures, not just say they are going to do it. Let's face it....when all is said and done, more is said than done.
I

In a perfect world this would be a great paycheck, but let's be a little bit realistic about this. I'll say sure to the 7 minute search (and thank tim for leaving me the missing 40%ers). Guys who search this quick have left me with a good chunk of coin because they lack due diligence. Second, 12 90%, and 100 40% would be great if you didn't have people that go through 8 to 10 and more of a skunk streak, therefore those numbers couldn't be accurate no matter how you spun it. Third, your gross profit has left out fuel (in a heavy populated area like NJ i'm guessing the cost would be high), and hours it would take tellers to count the coin, unless you have coin counters. Oh let's not forget the time to re-roll them if your bank does not accept loose coin. And Finally lets talk about this 40 hour work week. Not happening! This guy owns a "modest sized brokerage firm" he doesn't have the hours in the day to pull this kind of work. there are only 168 hours in a week, minus 40 for this work, minus sleep (6hrs modestly) leaves only 86 hrs to eat, drive, use the restroom, and do is regular job.

But good math and problem solving for full-time roll hunters. They make some good money!!

I have more then enough time to search and dump the boxes I work from home and am only on the exchange floor on Monday, that being said I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks, what's the point of the site if everyone doubts your finds and calls you a liar.

For me personally its about the rush of finding silver coins for there face value.

Have a good one gentlemen.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree the point of this site is to see the crh finds. Share the knowledge and your finds. I simply get a kick out of all the silver people are still finding. I only ask that if you do find silver show it. I you do take home 1500 pounds of coin take a picture. I'm not doubting you nor do I care what you do. Simply only want to see that haul

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digesting a common clad said:
I have more then enough time to search and dump the boxes I work from home and am only on the exchange floor on Monday, that being said I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks, what's the point of the site if everyone doubts your finds and calls you a liar.

For me personally its about the rush of finding silver coins for there face value.

Have a good one gentlemen.

I never called you a liar, I said I didn't believe you had the time. I stand corrected if you do have the time. I guess you won't have a problem proving me wrong by getting us pictures then either.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the rules I have tried to help you with pretty much fly out of the window if you have as much leverage with the bank that you say you do.. If I had the type of business account with a bank that you do, i wouldn't be ordering only 4k at one bank.. you could easily get away with much more than that considering they will probably never want to close your account.. You have a huge advantage compared to every other hunter out there.. I would just never want to spend the time searching that many boxes.. You should try to order more from certain branches to save yourself time and gas money... Also, you may want to invest in an armored truck.. I can't imagine you fitting all of those boxes in an SUV :laughing3:

Last edited:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious what kinda finds are found from 60 boxes of halves. My head is still swimming from the idea of lifting all those boxes. Eessh! But the song of silver calls all of us so show us the money!!! (no copyright enfridgement meant).

Smiles,
Garoulady

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna see pics of 60 boxes all stacked up too! As a matter of fact, I'd like to see before, after and a lot of inbetween pictures. I'm not doubting ya, just want to see pics! Best of luck!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI....I would remember our rules, do not attack members, some members are on vaction right now for doing so....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
, what's the point of the site if everyone doubts your finds and calls you a liar.
I wouldn't say anyone has called you a liar yet. They are just skeptical of your claims because you are new here and they don't "know" you. You know the old saying, "a picture speaks a thousand words", I think it applies here. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
So Digesting a Common Clad, are you excited for tomorrow? because tomorrow is tuesday? RIP Coin Roll Hunting

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Dacc!
Hope you don't have to deal with any S.A.R.s
HH

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D1MES_101 said:
So Digesting a Common Clad, are you excited for tomorrow? because tomorrow is tuesday? RIP Coin Roll Hunting

Im excited for my 5 boxes!!

I dont get how everyone is saying they wouldn't wanna do 60. Id looove to come home with 60 boxes haha thats like 2 or 3 months for me in one pop!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im excited for my 5 boxes!!

I dont get how everyone is saying they wouldn't wanna do 60. Id looove to come home with 60 boxes haha thats like 2 or 3 months for me in one pop!
I too would love to come home with them, and go through them, but damn, I would want no part of getting rid of them!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give him 4 weeks !! Its to much work for most!! Time will tell?

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... I can appreciate his desire and tenacity. However, if I had 30K laying around, I'd put a BIG dent in my home mortage. I no longer do boxes, they dried up, and I had to order $2K at a time. Didn't have a problem dumping, I could take them in $1K bags to my dump bank and they would get shipped out. These days, while I keep a reasonable amount of money in my banks, when I get over my emergency amount, I make another house payment. Yet I STILL score silver in customer rolls. Good luck, and I hope you aren't cutting your own throat.
Robin

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The money is the easy part the love for crh is whats hard for most. He will just go buy what he wants If he finds it is to muck work. I wish him luck!!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I just thought of this, but how do you plan on carrying over 1500 lbs of coin into your car?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of this, but how do you plan on carrying over 1500 lbs of coin into your car?

YOu mean, as a powerful broker who only works Mondays, who will he HIRE to carry 1500 lbs of coins to his car?

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I own a moderately sized armored courier service, I am willing to negotiate terms. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread