30,000 in halves planned for next week starting Tuesday.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30,000 in halves planned for friday

Hi gentlemen, I did 5,000 in halves recently and liked the results, I called all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ and ordered halves for Friday,

In all I ordered 60 boxes (30K)

My gameplay is to hopefully do them all that weekend with the help of my grandson and return them all throughout the following week in NJ.

I originally wanted to do 30k-35k in halves a week so I am planning one week will be to buy boxes and the next return them.

We shall see how this goes.

Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. That's alot of dumping.. But if you have the funds to do it I guess you will have success.. Going to make it a little harder on the little guy to find silver with amounts like that.. Good Luck..

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
dump banks are going to shut you down and every other CRH in the area ... dude your over doing it just go 1000 in halves a week

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
thank god we dont live in the same area - and another reason why we cant recruit new people to the art of CRH

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank god we dont live in the same area - and another reason why we cant recruit new people to the art of CRH
That's not completely true.. My buddy got me into this and introduced me to some other guys who do it and they taught me the ins and outs of it.. They taught me what to and not to do and just asked that I respect what they showed me and the things they taught me and I have.. But your right this will make it rough for people in his area..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm always impressed with those searching quantities such as that, although at that point it's no longer fun, and is just a job.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
As was said above, good luck dumping them all on a regular basis. On the other hand, if you can do it, more power to you!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea and I am sure the couriers and banks won't be able to put together that their orders (for the same person) just went up by 60 boxes out of nowhere, costing them tons of money.. I really do wish you nothing but the best, but you just put your elephant on thin ice dude.. Don't say we didn't warn you and if you ever come on this forum looking for sympathy because you get cut off, you will receive absolutely none.. Sometimes I really wonder why I try to even help other people.. Also thanks for treating this hobby and every hunter in your area with the utmost respect.. Good luck...

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea and I am sure the couriers and banks won't be able to put together that their orders (for the same person) just went up by 60 boxes out of nowhere, costing them tons of money.. I really do wish you nothing but the best, but you just put your elephant on thin ice dude.. Don't say we didn't warn you and if you ever come on this forum looking for sympathy because you get cut off, you will receive absolutely none.. Sometimes I really wonder why I try to even help other people.. Also thanks for treating this hobby and every hunter in your area with the utmost respect.. Good luck...

He did say "all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ," so he's probably only picking up a few boxes per bank... As long as he does the same for his dumps it shouldn't be risky.

Tenn-Coinhunter

Jun 29, 2009
East Tennessee Mountains
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites V3i, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum, (2)Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett pro pointer, Sun Ray DFX in line probe.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I wish I had the funds to even do one box. How the heck can he come up with enough to do that many at one time? If anyone in my area wants to do something like this contact me. You buy, I will search and return in exchange for 10% of found coins.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fjer said:
He did say "all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ," so he's probably only picking up a few boxes per bank... As long as he does the same for his dumps it shouldn't be risky.

I don't think you understand just exactly how much more work he just created for the couriers out of nowhere.. There is absolutely no doubt they will notice.. This is why you add volume gradually so they don't notice a huge jump in distribution..

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a picture of what my house cost in coin. When you get your 30k. Please post photos

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dump banks are going to shut you down and every other CRH in the area ... dude your over doing it just go 1000 in halves a week

do yourself a favor and take in what other members are posting. you are going to completely ruin this hobby for others by your decision to turn this into a job.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHing as I've stated many times is more about relationships than anything. If you are good at that you can order and dump as much as you want. Spreading out the dumps is recommended of course, never dump more than 3-4k on a single branch at one time if you can help it and its better to have more dump banks than pickup banks, 2-3x ratio. Helps to live in a big metro area as it seems you do, don't listen to the nay-sayers, just be mindful of what you are doing, it pays forward with the tellers.

Bigheed

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At what volume is it worth buying a machine to automate the searching - I assume there are commercial machines that spit out silver? Just feed the beast and let it run 24-7?

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Where and how do you plan on dumping all of these halves?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigheed said:
CRHing as I've stated many times is more about relationships than anything. If you are good at that you can order and dump as much as you want. Spreading out the dumps is recommended of course, never dump more than 3-4k on a single branch at one time if you can help it and its better to have more dump banks than pickup banks, 2-3x ratio. Helps to live in a big metro area as it seems you do, don't listen to the nay-sayers, just be mindful of what you are doing, it pays forward with the tellers.

Bigheed

I never once said his goal shouldn't be to hunt as much as he is planning and I completely agree with you about the relationship aspects of the hobby.. I simply said he should give it time to build up a relationship with his banks before he starts putting that kind of burden on them.. 60 boxes in one week with no prior relationship is just an insane amount.. I honestly hope he doesn't have any problems, but he hasn't built up any relationship with the banks he is ordering from, not to mention the ones he is dumping at.. He also threatens getting other hunters shut down in the process due to his impatience.. It is the same thing as someone going to metal detect at a great location that many vets have used for years and leaving holes all over the property.. Which gets metal detecting banned in that area and ruins it for everybody.. It is disrespectful and selfish.. I used to hunt higher volume so I do not have any problem with that and also don't have any desire to hunt that much. I was simply trying to look out for the guy so he wouldn't get cut off..

OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2k per bank at bank of America's and wells fargos in New Jersey

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I own a modest sized brokerage firm on the NYSE, I hold my business account with them I assure they won't close my account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread