On a roll - hopefully

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ordered two boxes of nickels from my work place. they will be here wednesday. I got bored and couldn't CRH because of the weather and work so I actually recounted all my stored nickels. Took me 3 days while watching TV. I figured out that I have 381 dollars in nickels. Not bad. Add to that the 200 dollars of nickels I planned on and I will have about 500 dollars, almost 600 dollars. I am wondering once I turn these in if I want to get a box of halves or a couple boxes of dimes and a box of nickels. Hmmm, I like that last idea better. I hope I find something in these boxes to break my nickel skunk.

Still looking forward to seeing what silver is going to be on the stockmarket tuesday.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it works out for ya, I enjoy looking through nickels and plan on doing it more in the near future.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I like nickel hunting. I get the chance to find silver via war nickels and buffalos. I do love all the different half dollars every finds. I didn't even know they had that many variations.

Sincerely, Garoulady

InCladWeTrust

Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady said:
I like nickel hunting. I get the chance to find silver via war nickels and buffalos. I do love all the different half dollars every finds. I didn't even know they had that many variations.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Buffalo's are not silver

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likes searching nickels.(period) likes finding silver via the war nickels.(period) also likes nickel for the chance of a Buffalo. I think everyone knows Buffalo are not made of silver

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love searching nickels too. I do about 7 boxes a week on average. Usually always something interesting in each box. HH

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other then wars and an occasional buff. What do you find interesting.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proofs, foreign, key dates, errors, V nickels and even a few dimes here and there.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm yet to find a proof. :-( close once but turned out to just be a regular San Fran mint. (Non proof)

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 5 last year. Newest was a 2005. Now I always turn the nickels face up and check the mint marks. Most of the time you can tell they are proofs by the shine, but some have been circulated enough the shine fades. HH

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sincerely, Garoulady

Might as well add some variety! Hit up a few penny boxes too, those are easy on the bank roll. $600 = 1 dime box, 3 nickel boxes and 2 penny boxes. the way I see it, if you've got time to count already searched coins, you might as well have extra boxes stacked around so at least you can count coins and have a chance at finding something. penny boxes are good for storing around like that for later use.

If I were you I would get one box of halves and 4 boxes of pennys. That's your best chance for increasing your bankroll. Get yourself acquainted with all the penny errors/varieties.

good luck!

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
whoooo, what nasty weather we have here. I was driving home and the roads weren't great but I have driven in worse. Worse part was the knuckleheads who think that 4WD and tractor-trailers will keep you from going off the road. I was going up a steep hill we call Hilltop and this semi was fast approaching behind me. I went over to the righthand lane to let him pass and he barreled past me, throwing up a blinding wall of snow. I touched my brakes to put distance and hopefully see better. No luck, so I put more pressure on my brakes. Suddenly his trailer lights went left to right and I slammed on my horn, putting my foot harder on the brake. I know better than to slam on my brakes or jerk on the wheel. Well the trailer jackknifed right over the 90 degree embankment. I don't see how they can tow him out of the embankment. I just pray that the semi didn't take out the house that was at the base of that embankment. But wow, my adrenaline is going full bore now. I just wish I had some coinage to go through. grrrr.

Sincerely, Garoulady

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
I think Garou meant that she likes finding silver through war nickles and finding buffaloes. I think Garou knows they are CuNi.

What Sag said

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread