maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So, we all know that finding Quarters in the wild is nearly impossible, ( and I don't have time to become a member of the elite club of finding 1 in a box after searching umpteen boxes, lol) so i have decided to start buying at least 2 Silver Quarters a week for now on from my LCS. I would like to have a nice little pile of them and really don't know of another way to acquire them other than trying to buy them. I'm just looking to get them for junk Silver price, no Numismatic valued ones. Does anybody else here buy any every week or 2 also or every now and then? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought about just buying some here and there just to have some. HH, maverick.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I have heard you can get a better deal on foreign Silver, I really like the American Quarters though, just to hard to find in the wild, if I want any I just figured I'd start buying a few here and there.

Thanks for everyone looking and leaving their comments, I will update on my first purchase of some this weekend. HH, Maverick.
Yes, you only get burned on the silver Canadian when you go to sell.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
@ Fistfullofdirt,
I seem to always come out ahead. After fees and such on eBay I still end up with more than I originally invested at the LCS. Even if I sell at the same spot price, I make maybe 4-5 % under spot bring home total. Whereas I bought at 8% under.

@ Maverick
As far as paying a premium on 90% is that common? The LCS I go to always is at 1% under? I have been to some right in the town I live and they are all over melt.. My coin shop guy said he buys under melt so he'll sell under it. I guess I better live it up cuz he's old.. :-P

Last edited:
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I seem to always come out ahead. After fees and such on eBay I still end up with more than I originally invested at the LCS. Even if I sell at the same spot price, I make maybe 4-5 % under spot bring home total. Whereas I bought at 8% under.

As far as paying a premium on 90% is that common? The LCS I go to always is at 1% under? I have been to some right in the town I live and they are all over melt.. My coin shop guy said he buys under melt so he'll sell under it. I guess I better live it up cuz he's old.. :-P

Spot changes daily, so Monday I could be head of the game or more behind, Someone who paid below spot a while back when it was at 35 is also behind a bit now, it'll all even out in the end so 15-25 cents over spot doesn't really bother me, this coin shop is right up the street from me too so I don't drive far at all. I have never found a coin dealer who will sell below spot myself, but I'm still looking. HH, Maverick.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Yupp I put a add in my local newspaper and have got about 30 quarters from people

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spot changes daily, so Monday I could be head of the game or more behind, Someone who paid below spot a while back when it was at 35 is also behind a bit now, it'll all even out in the end so 15-25 cents over spot doesn't really bother me, this coin shop is right up the street from me too so I don't drive far at all. I have never found a coin dealer who will sell below spot myself, but I'm still looking. HH, Maverick.

Sorry the first paragraph was for Fistfullofdirt and the second for you Maverick. Just so you know.. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions