Lost a box, gained a haircut!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Back from Florida, I made my rounds picking up boxes at a couple of banks that I normally would have gotten last week. 2 boxes at the first bank - no problem. 1 box at the second bank... and I forgot I told them not to order that week cause I'd be out of town. doh!

The teller said she already ordered for me this week, so at least I'll have that soon. Before I left, I asked her if she had any halves at all. She said she only had $6 loose in her drawer, and the teller next to her had $1. I bought those, figuring better than nothing. Then I heard them clink as she dropped them into my hand.

6 40%'s and a 1902 Barber half!

:hello2:

I have no idea how the Barber escaped her notice, and to be honest I really don't care! It's beat up looking and incredibly worn, so much so that I can't even tell if it had a mintmark, but I'll take it! I believe that's only the second one I've found in the wild.

Oh, and the two boxes yielded 2 90% Kennedy's, 9 40%'s, and 3 nice proofs. A great day, for me at least.

DSC04860.JPG DSC04862.JPG

HH!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Super! I have only found 1 Barber, nice boxes too! HH, Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow nice day! a teller tray barber, that's amazing, and with 6 40%s to boot. I got handed a barber that was saved for me by a teller, but it turned out to be fake! I think it's made of lead or pewter. oh well! still looking for my first :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread