heres an idea for dumping

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty cool. It actually looks very well!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
they glued the two rare coins into the floor rather than sell them to pay for the project? excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. ::;grumbles some choice words:: especially the indian head that was pre-1900!! eesh...

Other than that, I have thought about glueing pennies to one of my walls in my room, but it was just a thought.

-Garoulady

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
"Within the bulk of pennies came some rare finds — a 1944 WWII 440 steel penny that was created due to a copper shortage, and a 1873 penny featuring an Indian head instead of Abraham Lincoln. Both pennies are worth enough money to pay for the project, but they also ended up on the floor."

Skeptical...

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope they got the date wrong on that steel cent. Checking PCGS there's only 37 known 1944 steel cents and they range from $100,000 to $500,000 depending on the condition.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, the Indian Head, even in good condition, is between $22 and $315. I guess this would be a case of their trash is someone else's treasure. Leave is to some stupid hippies.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An 1873 Indian head is worth that much? I have some from before 1900 but mostly common years. I am sure they were wrong on the 1944 steel cent. And when they say it "features an Indian head," it's actually Lady Liberty wearing an American Indian head-dress.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol Thorne. I dunno man, the wrappers said pennies...

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still wrong. Its just a common misconception. Britan uses the Penney.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, just busting your chops.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Sorry, but if this couple found a 1944 steel cent, that would make much bigger news than their floor project.

Cool floor but not a chance they found that.

MU

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
From their site about it:

We finalized the project by placing one rare silver penny into the mix of copper. Then, we drowned the floor in a clear coat, and cemented the little Lincolns into their final resting place.

Obviously they got it right. Those rare silver cents.

I think they were wrong on the date too, but still, who would glue an IHC to a floor?

Answer:
unclehuckelberry said:
Leave it to some stupid hippies.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost a year ago my wife saw someone do this to there kitchen on some website and she wanted to do it. She wanted to this in our bathroom which is tiny. I thought it was a good idea, actually cheaper to do this than put down the slate tile I wanted. I calculated how many I would need and it ended up being 10240 pennies ( thats what I call them!) for a 5' by 8' bathroom. Thats only 102.40 dollars. I haven't even started yet.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably have a 1943 steel... I have found 2 of those in reject trays within the past 3 months...

What is up with that indian head? Was 1873 a special date where lincoln was supposed to be on that? Or are they, and the media that stupid they dont even know about indian head pennies? Im not a penny CRH'er myself, so I dont know too awful much... I just dont understand why they are expecting lincoln on a 1873?

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when u found the wheats did you chip them out of the floor?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread