Physical size of a box of halves

wkw427

Nov 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my first box of halves from a bank near where I work.
I take the bus to and from work.. And I have a backpack.

It never occured to me how big the actual box is.

Does anyone have any photos of a box of halves? I'm going to be in quite the situation if I end up having to store $500 worth of halves under my desk over the weekend while I put the individual rolls in my backpack...

Many thanks

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what company delivers? You get either a cube box or a long rectangular box. I have carried 3 boxes of halves in a backpack about a block or two, a few weeks ago, and I'm an adult. One box in a bag should be no big deal for you younguns.

Don't have one with me, but I think the rectangular box is about 16X6x2 and the cube box is about 4x6x6.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two styles and both should fit fine in an average size backpack, weight would be a more worrisome factor @ 25 pounds each. (you don't want the bottom to blow out)

Style 1 is about 24"x12"x4". Basically 5 rows of rolls, 10 deep.
Style 2 is a double stack box 12"x12"x8". 5 rows, 5 deep, 2 layers.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worry not dear friend! If its a regular sized backpack, your trouble free!

OP
OP
W

wkw427

Nov 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for reassuring me. I'm fine with carrying weight. I replace dual-60lb monitors almost every day among other stuff..
I just wanted to be sure it would fit in my bag. And it will. Thanks :)

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
THe box I received from pnc this week was a bit different. I have usually been getting the single stack boxes, with the yellow striped and the small holes in them. I guess its the brinks stings and sons? Well the box I got from pnc was much smaller, a bit higher, but it was not a double stack, as far as I understand what one would be. It had about 30-35 rolls stacked vertically, and the rest where horizontally placed on top of the box. The wrappers were white/brownish-blackish. Outside the box was a stamp $500 halves, inside the box had a printed $500 quarters. The box was sealed with a paper sticky thing.

Anyways, this was a terrible explanation, I should have taken a picture. Will get another next week on Wednesday and will snap one.

OP
OP
W

wkw427

Nov 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, as well :)

I'll be sure to post back with the results of my first box on Wednesday as well

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
a super heavy 25 pound box - if you can carry of box of nickels (22 lbs) your pretty much set

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread