marys high volume hunt plannd

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya guys and gals i dont post here much but i am a half dollar searcher and with all the hype lately i wanted to up my volume. yesterday i called every bank in a large area and ordered 5 boxes of half dollars at each bank and 37 banks ordered for me and next week i will have 92,500 in half dollars coming in any predictions on what i might get? i just got back from texas and silver is very plentyfull their one box in texas gave me 148 silver back in 2007 mary.

Upvote 0

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are a seasoned veteran, you know why. Reread the original post below carefully and think about when you order.... I won't give away why the statement below is not possible, but if you have been doing this a while, you will know why this is not possible. Sorry, but nice try.....

I am generally a lurker here, and enjoy watching the pretenders. I don't want to give too much info away, so as not to discourage them from posting. I like the entertainment!

This is not an attack, it's a fact.

The only question for me is, why would someone post this? It's like telling an NFL player how to catch a football.

You mean that you couldn't call every single bank in a large area and talk to the right person and get 37 of them to agree with ordering 5 boxes without knowing you all in one day?

Mary can.

V

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I've tried that and the first words out of the teller's mouth after I ask is "do you have an account with us?". If I tell them no, they tell me no, even if I tell them I have cash to pay for them. I find it just a bit suspicious that someone could call 37 banks and order that many boxes in one day. Not impossible since we all know TimZim, just suspicious. If he finds a lot of silver, god bless him and his own.

Sincerely,
Garoulady

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When some one on here says they are going to do 100-to 200 boxes a week. I just smile to my self. And say good luck and god bless. If they do it or not who cares. If they want everyone to think something thats not true is. its on them. I could never post anything that was'nt true. I will post many pic very soon all of my cool finds from last year.My step son and i did 30 boxes today and found 9-90% and 25- 40% and a 1970 proof silver

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean that you couldn't call every single bank in a large area and talk to the right person and get 37 of them to agree with ordering 5 boxes without knowing you all in one day?

Mary can.

V

The part where Mary asked what could she get. If she was starting with this volume, she should know how much she could find.

OP
OP
H

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall i did not get lot of ordered half dollars this week for the treasure hunt but i got 105 boxes this week and 35 on friday i just finished them all off and got 48 40% and 16 90% with a 1897 half from america i wont do more hunts for a while it will take a while to return these halfs i use the same wrappers they come in to dump and i return some to a coin counting machine mary

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad haul...I would imagine it would take a while to get rid of 50k of halves...

Is that 1897 a Barber?

Any pics of the haul?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mary, as just an observer on this forum I sincerely would like to know, was it all worth it for just 48 40% and 16 90% in searching 140 boxes?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't seem worth it to me, but as I said on the other thread, more power to her if she keeps doing it. HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all Mary... Maybe you will get some more next time.. I have to say though, I am extremely happy I don't hunt in NJ, considering all the repacks you and DACC are putting back into the system there...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big a truck and how many loads on a forklift did it take to load all these?

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
140 boxes times 25 lbs for each box equals right around 3500 lbs. that's a lot of halves! Keep all them repacks up there!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Member on timeout for repeatedly challenging members find, please obey our rules..............

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soory TH, i wasn't "challenging," I just thought it would be nice to see a found in the wild 1897 half. I have no doubt that Mary did the boxes or that she found the coins, sorry Mary, TH if it sounded that way...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soory TH, i wasn't "challenging," I just thought it would be nice to see a found in the wild 1897 half. I have no doubt that Mary did the boxes or that she found the coins, sorry Mary, TH if it sounded that way...

if you didnt get a private warning you are fine..... One is on a timeout the other 2 got private warnings.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post a pic of all those half dollars!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread