marys high volume hunt plannd

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya guys and gals i dont post here much but i am a half dollar searcher and with all the hype lately i wanted to up my volume. yesterday i called every bank in a large area and ordered 5 boxes of half dollars at each bank and 37 banks ordered for me and next week i will have 92,500 in half dollars coming in any predictions on what i might get? i just got back from texas and silver is very plentyfull their one box in texas gave me 148 silver back in 2007 mary.

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck Mary. I hope you do better then me on the halves. Skunk city for me.

alligator69

Aug 31, 2012
Lol, that's one hell of a nightmare. Good luck with the dumping and searching. I predict you will find 30 90%'s and 60+ 40%'s. Be careful not to order all the time or they might not order for you anymore or start charging.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
i will have 92,500 in half dollars coming in any predictions on what i might get? mary.

Hopefully some Silver, and definetly a hand cramp, lol, good luck. Maverick.

OP
OP
H

halvesplease

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
new jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey y'all thank y'all for the advice i want to do alot more boxes but my budget is low when i get tax return back i will do 200 boxes i hope. mary

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You might find enough silver to partially cover the cost of your soon to be shot suspension.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Are these all the same company or do you have multiple accounts at different banks? 37 banks of the same company would have a pretty large radius.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you are from New Jersey and so is Timzim and so is this new guy DigestingtheClad, I see a perfect storm brewing.. I must say, It's funny how we seem to have two newbies searching high volume in NJ out of nowhere.. Good luck either way..

Last edited:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
185 boxes? That's about 4000+ pounds. I would suggest to not leave any in those vaults too long (in other words - pick them up). That's a lot I banks you could potentially tick off if they have that many halves sitting around.

Make sure you take it easy on your dump banks.
I'm predicting 200+ silver.

Make sure you follow up w/ a pic of that stack!

Good luck!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You know, now that I thought about this a little bit, it really doesn't make any sense, if you have 100,000 dollars to play with, why would you use it all to search 200 boxes a week, besides the time it would take to do that. If I had a 100K to play with, maybe I would use some of it to do this hobby ( hobby being the key word here) on the side, but not the whole whad. If you really have that to play with, I can think of much easier ways to double it over time with out all the extreme work you are getting ready to take on, if you have a family you will be taking a big chunk out of family time to try and search and dump this amount every week.

I see you said that Texas has plenty of Silver? You got a box 5 YEARS ago from there that was good :icon_scratch:?

If you are really going to take on this huge task, I wish you the best of luck, I just think you could use that money to flip other things ( with way less work entailed) and make more money than searching boxes. Hope it works for you, please keep us posted on your results, I know we are all curious to see what happens. HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously don't even understand how it is physically possible to search that many boxes in one week.. 5 boxes at 37 banks means 185 boxes.. Within a 5 day business week, that means that you are either searching 37 boxes a day or picking them all up in one or two days, which means you would need a tractor trailer or something to haul that many coins.. Perhaps you could shed some light on how you can even possibly pull this off.. If you can do it, more power to you, but I don't even understand how it is possible.. Enlighten me please.. :icon_scratch:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they are buying 5 boxes, then plan on getting skunked, going to the next bank, trade the 5 boxes for another 5 boxes...?

Smart plan if it would work :P

Yeah if i had 100k to play with, I would rather buy silver, and invest other ways :P

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they are buying 5 boxes, then plan on getting skunked, going to the next bank, trade the 5 boxes for another 5 boxes...?

Smart plan if it would work :P

Yeah if i had 100k to play with, I would rather buy silver, and invest other ways :P

If I had 100k to toss around, there is no doubt that I would invest most of it.. Like Mav said, there are much better ways to make money with that kind of change than CRH... Obviously if someone is doing that much volume it is for the love of the hunt and not the money, but the thought of investing that much time into CRH is daunting.. What else in life would you even have time for? I search about 14-16 boxes of dimes a week and 6-8 boxes of halves.. It takes up pretty much all of my free time.. Like i said earlier, I still don't even understand how it is physically possible to be able search that much..

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to make it seem like I am attacking people but its just blowing my mind that people have that much money in this day and age to play around with, in the course of doing this hobby. Imagineing lifting, carrying, sorting, driving around all the money, much less half dollars makes my head spin. I would love to see pictures of just that much half dollars, even if its nothing more than boxes stacked in a corner, or better yet all the found silver on top of a bed cover. I just have to wonder how in less than a week we have three uber-CRHers suddenly pop up onto the scene. You'all don't happen to be donald trump or someone? (Joking!!!)

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I caught one THIS BIG!

I'm frustrated with stories like this. Totally acceptable to post, but it is Tnet members who are penalized when they question them.

TZ has relationships and bag setups that help him with volume that would be difficult for a newbie to set up

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
My hats off to TZ and anyone else who can pull off the double and triple digit boxes of anything at all.

Garoulady

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im guessing 100,000 bi-centenials..jk good luck.

I thought I got skunked on my 2 boxes this week, but just found a roll under my couch.. As luck would have it got a 48 Franklin and a 68..

Only silver in two boxes both in one roll and just happened to be the one roll that rolled under the couch.. Best change in the couch I ever found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread