All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdDicted2Ag said:
You lied to them and said you were shorted when you weren't? Wow.... that is shady dude..

What do you expect from him? Now the poor guy, whose only crime is dumping where someone else picks up (you could say he was repacking rolls but that's irrelevant... You have old hunters who have been doing things their way for a while. They aren't about to change now), will be seen as untrustworthy. Good job 50!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten shorted in repacked dumps and shorted in MWR N.F. String & Son halves (Loomis in my area). I am going to stop ordering from banks serviced by Loomis and Garda since I got 4 more boxes of repacked dumps today and even the boxes themselves were in pathetic shape... it's been this way for weeks on end, and when they have been MWR they have been skunks from Loomis.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
What do you expect from him? Now the poor guy, whose only crime is dumping where someone else picks up (you could say he was repacking rolls but that's irrelevant... You have old hunters who have been doing things their way for a while. They aren't about to change now), will be seen as untrustworthy. Good job 50!

No his crime is being lazy and not even bothering to get brown rolls so Loomis can't just ship them right back out

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No his crime is being lazy and not even bothering to get brown rolls so Loomis can't just ship them right back out

Even with brown wrappers Loomis will ship them right back out. I got two from Loomis today like that. They were in Brinks boxes (cube box with two levels), sealed with brown "Loomis, Fargo & Co." strapping tape.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Even with brown wrappers Loomis will ship them right back out. I got two from Loomis today like that. They were in Brinks boxes (cube box with two levels), sealed with brown "Loomis, Fargo & Co." strapping tape.

Been hunting for seven years. Never heard of them shipping customer rolls back out

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To everyone that is getting repacked dumps it may not be the coin supplier, and most likely is not!! I got a few repacked dumps here and there in the past year and found out every single one was brought to the bank by another hunter while my order was in the process of being shipped. The bank called the coin supplier and said only ship me 1500 i have a 500 dollar box here. I found out because a bunch of management changed in the area and a couple of my friends are bank managers. The tellers are sealing up the boxes with glue them selves!!! This is being done all the time. Coin suppliers are not supposed to take rolled coin they can only take bags. When was the last time you saw a dunbar guy walking out with rolled coin? Its always bagged. Maybe things are different in certain areas , but i can assure you 90% of your repacked dumps are being glued or being resealed with water activated kraft tape (brinks) by the bank them selves. Thats how they get rid of them. Its all timing and some of you are being jerked around by you sweet tellers! All of us on here are at banks all the time, let me know when you see a coin supplier employee walking out with rolled coin. Think about it! HH

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:

It's not on him to do that. Yes, in a perfect world where all of us CRHers followed the rules and guidelines we like to espouse about here, you're right but we don't. The bank knows full well that a customer brought them in as a deposit. It's between them and the carrier to make sure they are recounted and wrapped. Is it a scummy thing he did? Absolutely, if you are aware what you're doing. Like I said, not every hunter is on this board to see what irks other hunters and not everyone follows the rules and guideline. You think old man time whose been hunting since 1960 jumps on the interwebz to talk bout CRH? No. Not at all. He is set in his ways and I don't blame him. It's the banks jobs to count what customers come in. I brought in a box of dollar bills, you can bet your ass that they'd count them. Same with coins.
That being said, lying about being shorted is a scummy thing to do. You're making the guy who dumped seem like a liar and a cheat which isn't necessarily the case (despite what your views on him for dumping repacked rolls). It could a regular customer who is helping his or her son dump, it could be someone's grandpa helping them, etc. This guy made the person who made the deposit look like a dick and there is no guarantee that that is the truth.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mark1982 said:
To everyone that is getting repacked dumps it may not be the coin supplier, and most likely is not!! I got a few repacked dumps here and there in the past year and found out every single one was brought to the bank by another hunter while my order was in the process of being shipped. The bank called the coin supplier and said only ship me 1500 i have a 500 dollar box here. I found out because a bunch of management changed in the area and a couple of my friends are bank managers. The tellers are sealing up the boxes with glue them selves!!! This is being done all the time. Coin suppliers are not supposed to take rolled coin they can only take bags. When was the last time you saw a dunbar guy walking out with rolled coin? Its always bagged. Maybe things are different in certain areas , but i can assure you 90% of your repacked dumps are being glued or being resealed with water activated kraft tape (brinks) by the bank them selves. Thats how they get rid of them. Its all timing and some of you are being jerked around by you sweet tellers! All of us on here are at banks all the time, let me know when you see a coin supplier employee walking out with rolled coin. Think about it! HH

My bank I use to dump halves at has to bag up their cwr in order to ship them out. $500 dollars per bag to ease the lifting for the tellers. My first dump there I hit them up about dumping in bags and they were very happy to supply me with bags and do it that way. I guess if the choice is unwrap and bag it up or sell it to a hunter for cash, doing the later is easiest for the tellers. What is messed up about dumping repacks is that it's far easier for the dumper to use bags than it is to carefully open the rolls and then reroll them in the original wrapper. I couldn't imagine not using bags. I have an arrangement with my bank that they just trade me $500 dollar bags for cash with no waiting. The understanding is that if there is a discrepancy, they can debit or credit my account as needed. I have a pretty fool proof way of getting my count correct and there has never been a problem. Some banks may not agree to this but that is where people skills with tellers can make all the difference. Also it may just be as simple as asking.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdDicted2Ag said:
This is the last thing I will say because I really don't want this to become an argument. I have no problem with you, 50cent, or anyone else on this forum.. If the guy was going to get cut off eventually, then that is how it should have happened.. I get annoyed by people who repack just as much as the next guy, but I would never go into a bank and sabotage someone else's credibility by making up lies about them. Also, what we do as roll hunters is not immoral in anyway.. We are customers and the banks decide to provide us a service since we keep our funds with them.. I am not spouting how moral I am, but I don't think what he did was right.. He made up a lie to make his life more convenient.. I don't repack my dumps ( in the same wrappers ), but I do purchase wraps and rewrap some of them. If someone lied to the bank and told them I shorted them money simply for their own benefit as a hunter, I would be infuriated.. I don't understand how you can believe this is ok, but to each their own.. Either way I am done with this convo.. You both can do as you wish, but It really doesn't sit well with me.. Good luck on your hunting guys..

Hear hear!!! Coudnt have said it better myself... I'd "like" this but I'm on my phone and I don't think the app lets you do that haha

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
should have thought twice, this bank refused to order me in halves before, because this guy brought them in before. There is another person at the same branch who uses coinlok bags, so, odds are he will be redirected to using one of those. There is no moral argument to be made here. You dont have some 'nice old man', going around with $1500 dumps. I was short a few halves according to the coin counters, but so what, besides the point as far as I'm concerned.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is messed up about dumping repacks is that it's far easier for the dumper to use bags than it is to carefully open the rolls and then reroll them in the original wrapper.
I agree merc, but some areas have no banks that will take bagged coin, sure wish they would around here. Oh, and I don't reroll in the same wrapper ever, I buy my own, eventhough the tellers at the bank are just going to slit them open and dump them into a bag.:BangHead: Well, most of the time. :BangHead:
HH

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Been hunting for seven years. Never heard of them shipping customer rolls back out

Here ya go! I have recieved plenty of these. You are wrong too, I can't believe someone would try to justify someone else lying about being short on a box that another hunter turned and possibly getting them shut down when it wasn't true. I would love to choke the life out of someone who went into my bank and told them they were shorted from one of my boxes, which they never would be! Think about if someone did that to you for minute, you would be pretty pissed I bet.. I'm not comenting anymore on this. Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5439.JPG
    DSCN5439.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • DSCN5220.JPG
    DSCN5220.JPG
    816.3 KB · Views: 114

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go! I have recieved plenty of these. You are wrong too, I can't believe someone would try to justify someone else lying about being short on a box that another hunter turned and possibly getting them shut down when it wasn't true. I would love to choke the life out of someone who went into my bank and told them they were shorted from one of my boxes, which they never would be! Think about if someone did that to you for minute, you would be pretty pissed I bet.. I'm not comenting anymore on this. Maverick.

I can vouch for maverick, have gotten boxes just like that from Loomis and Garda. Even a few from Brinks in a high-volume week, but Brinks is the best about not repacking dumps in my area. I have had short CWR boxes so it's possible I've gotten a repacked dump and returned it to another bank without even knowing it was short, because I didn't search them. So I would not want someone else accusing me of shorting boxes either, because if I did it was because Loomis delivered them short.

OP
OP
baddbluff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rpg25 said:
Hear hear!!! Coudnt have said it better myself... I'd "like" this but I'm on my phone and I don't think the app lets you do that haha

Amen, dude.

Looks like Obama's tactic of lying about your competition to advance your own agenda is already trickling down to the masses...

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
Amen, dude.

Looks like Obama's tactic of lying about your competition to advance your own agenda is already trickling down to the masses...

While we are in agreement with the issue at hand, lets keep the politics out of it. I'm still pretty new but I think that "no politics" is a rule here. Besides the fact that all politicians, democrat and republican alike lie, it's largely irrelevant to bring that kind of talk to this argument. We agree on the issue and let's leave t at that:)

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used

lol easy bro take a breath before you stroke out:coffee2:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
the moral of the story
Most respectable hunters are either bagging there dumps or running them through machines. If your not then you shoudl start

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ugotit22 said:
the moral of the story
Most respectable hunters are either bagging there dumps or running them through machines. If your not then you shoudl start

Agree 100%.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the moral of the story

The moral of the story
Regardless of how frustrating it is to get repacked dumps, it doesn't give you the right to lie and ruin another hunter's credibility simply for your own personal benefit..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread