Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you scored a couple keepers from the others.. Repacks are the worst.. There is nothing that sucks more than seeing a box come out and knowing it is filled with dumps..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry BB, you know I know your pain, nothing sucks more than dumping someone else's dumps! I try my best to stop mine from going back out, I did a thread about it, I think most thought I was crazy, oh well. Better luck with your next ones! HH, Maverick.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my boxes get repacked, there's a couple TD's by me but I hear the bag fills at $100 so that would be 300 bag changes, next week I'm doing 50,000 so that would be 500 bag changes.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Digesting a common clad said:
All my boxes get repacked, there's a couple TD's by me but I hear the bag fills at $100 so that would be 300 bag changes, next week I'm doing 50,000 so that would be 500 bag changes.

Repacking a hundred boxes then? Holy cow! I would never attempt that Ina week! I would have carpo tunnel in no time!

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
So Digesting, what you're saying is you are going to repack your 100 boxes per week in the same rolls they come in? (Minus all the keepers of course).

if that's the case you aren't going to make too many friends around here and the area you are searching. As Mav said, the next person would be dumping your dumps.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I don't get it. The banks here that take in rolls have to unwrap and ship out loose in bags.

That is what they all are supposed to do, but humans are lazy. Some will chuck the rolls into the bag. The couriers take the bag back to the facility. The counting/packing line receives such a bag and just repacks the rolls into a box. Garbage In - Garbage Out. Worst case is if the rolls aren't even taken out of the box and the box is sent back. In such cases, the box is counted for the rolls and then just re-taped.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That is what they all are supposed to do, but humans are lazy. Some will chuck the rolls into the bag. The couriers take the bag back to the facility. The counting/packing line receives such a bag and just repacks the rolls into a box. Garbage In - Garbage Out. Worst case is if the rolls aren't even taken out of the box and the box is sent back. In such cases, the box is counted for the rolls and then just re-taped.

Yup, exactly it! It does suck though. HH, Maverick.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you order boxes from a bank, and you look thru those little holes when they bring the boxes out and some of the wrappers are bent over, indicating they have been searched before, do you really say to the teller, thanks for ordering these for me, but no thanks, please take them back and get me some other ones?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If you order boxes from a bank, and you look thru those little holes when they bring the boxes out and some of the wrappers are bent over, indicating they have been searched before, do you really say to the teller, thanks for ordering these for me, but no thanks, please take them back and get me some other ones?

No, Always take them, they went through trouble of ordering them for you. Repacks happen, you just have to work through them. HH, Maverick.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Digesting a common clad, why are you searching in such a high volume. You are making this HOBBY harder for us and less exciting by taking so much silver out of circulation. Think for a moment, are you doing this for the thrill of the hunt or to gain profit from silver coins? If you are after the thrill of the hunt you should search smaller volumes like less than 10K a week. The amount of volume you are searching, people can make a living out of that. You are taking so much silver halves from circulation that it will make silver halves super hard to find for other people and they will give up the hobby because your taking all the silver.

If you are in it for the profit just stop CRH because it will lose you money through gas and time to search rolls - and will also kill the hobby for other people.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digesting a common clad, why are you searching in such a high volume. You are making this HOBBY harder for us and less exciting by taking so much silver out of circulation. Think for a moment, are you doing this for the thrill of the hunt or to gain profit from silver coins? If you are after the thrill of the hunt you should search smaller volumes like less than 10K a week. The amount of volume you are searching, people can make a living out of that. You are taking so much silver halves from circulation that it will make silver halves super hard to find for other people and they will give up the hobby because your taking all the silver.

If you are in it for the profit just stop CRH because it will lose you money through gas and time to search rolls - and will also kill the hobby for other people.

I don't get it, you say in the first paragraph that he could make enough profit to make a living, and then in the second that it will cost him more gas and time than he will make? Which one is it?

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it, you say in the first paragraph that he could make enough profit to make a living, and then in the second that it will cost him more gas and time than he will make? Which one is it?

I had to read that post a second time and make sure I wasn't crazy lol

Everyone hunts for the value of the silver, the high you get from the hunt is just a side effect. I would search larger volume if I had the time but unfortunately I do not and I find plenty of keepers in 5k worth of halves a week.

DIMES 101 says: "You are taking so much silver halves from circulation that it will make silver halves super hard to find for other people and they will give up the hobby because your taking all the silver."

No matter the volume of any one searcher, silver is being depleted every day from the wild. You can find that evidenced right here in the forum. Don't whine because someone is taking their cut.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guy, I don't want a slice of the cake.............. I want the whole thing.

LOL, good luck with that Guy. Sounds like you plan on making some "Big Scores" there. Come on guys, this is badbluffs thread, let it go. HH, Maverick.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well guy, on that note, I hope you have a nice and healthy supply of 1000s of repacked boxes. I hope the frustration of finding nothing worth keeping does not interfere with the running of your moderately sized brokerage firm.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
The whole thing? Geez there is being greedy and then there is being GREEDY!! I don't want a slice of the cake, I don't have the time, nor do I want the whole cake because I love hearing about other people's finds. I just want a couple of bites out of the smallest sliver.

Yeah I know I won't make many freinds with that approach but then again that's just me.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread