First Month, First Merc

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still in my first month of coin roll hunting, and I am enjoying this hobby immensely. Others that I have talked to about this hobby seem to think it isn't worth the time. To which I say, "I have plenty of time, I have some talent, but I have zero treasure." I didn't keep track of the amount of boxes I've done, but my treasure stack sure has grown. I can't wait to see what it looks like at the end of the year. It's all about inheritance for my incoming baby who will be born in June.

2013 CRH

Half Dollars
Walking Liberty: 0/4
Franklin: 0/8
90% Kennedy: 3/16
40% Kennedy: 10/200

Quarters
Washington: 0/2

Dimes
Mercs: 1/4
Roosies: 32/50

Nickels
Buffalos: 8/50
War Nickels: 15/80

Cents
Indian Heads: 0/1
Wheaties: 81/400

Miscellaneous
Canadian Silver: 0/3

Today was my first time hitting all the banks on the three mile stretch of road between my work place and home. There are four banks and a grocery store with a bank inside on this stretch, plus another bank a block away from my home. Last but not least, a dump bank just down the street from my home. I have a pretty good set up.

One of the banks on the stretch I've visited once a week because they've been willing to part with boxes of change without even asking me if I'm a member. I picked up a box of dimes today, and I got two silver dimes. Most importantly, one of those was my first mercury dime. She's a beaut.

012813 - 1 merc 1 roosie - one box of dimes.JPG

Upvote 0

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She most certainly is a 'beaut! I've been at it just a couple months and am still waiting for my first merc, which are by far my favorite coin in the world of CRH. Got a box of dimes this a.m. that was a mix of MWR and CWR, a few of which were wrapped in clear plastic, which I knew of but hadn't come across before. Very easy to check for the obvious silver edge, of course, and I found two rosies right away which was fun, but I'm still going to open all of them because my last silver rosie before that had a completely black edge, which I would have missed if I hadn't checked more carefully. Anyway, congrats on your first merc and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread