Anyone in the Oklahoma city area?

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be there off and on, I travel for work, just wanted to iron out details if you were in the same stomping grounds. I've never done CRH as a full time hobby but still would prefer to not cull through your dumps on the rare occasion i stoo by a bank to get a few rolls (only boxes i've ever gotten were pennies)

Upvote 0

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be there off and on, I travel for work, just wanted to iron out details if you were in the same stomping grounds. I've never done CRH as a full time hobby but still would prefer to not cull through your dumps on the rare occasion i stoo by a bank to get a few rolls (only boxes i've ever gotten were pennies)

I mean this with no disrespect, but take off the swimmies and jump into the pool, head first. The area you are about to canvas is vast. The population on this forum represents a miniscule percentage of CRH'ers. This hobby is one of chance - anyone at any given time runs the risk of finding dumps. But you also run the risk of finding old grandma Ethel's coin stash that has been in the attic for 37 years. Roll the dice

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say go for it. There are no sacred grounds that I know of. I live just south of OKC, and only CRHs I know of are the tellers. Went to a flee market this weekend, only two coin dealers, one local and one from Purcell. I sometimes pick up CRWs from the banks and never had any luck. OKC metro seems to have a Cash for Gold on every corner, (except downtown okc) competes with Starbucks. Let us know how it goes for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tlowery04

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dunno seems like there are a lot, maybe i'll call down to quail creek and order some boxes so they are waiting for me when i get back in town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread