maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I was going to one of my pick up banks like I do every week and stopped into 2 other banks that are right next to it, I do this every week, the first bank I went in and started talking with the girls about our kids and braces and stuff then I asked my usual question " Do you ladies have any large old dollars or half dollars?" So one girl said I have 2 halves, do you want them? Sure I do, so she gave them to me, we talked a bit more and I said thanks again and I'll check back next week, all the sudden she says hang on, I have these four if you want them too, "They are Silver" and I didn't buy them yet! I was taken back, I said are you sure, I don't want to take them if you are saving them for you, she said no it's ok you can have them,( 4 40's) I couldn't thank her enough. So I left and did my pickup next door and went to the Dunkin Donuts acroos the street and bought her a $10.00 gift card, I walked back in the bank and the girls said "he's back", what can we help you with, I handed the teller the gift card and told her that I appreciated meeting nice people and I really appreciated what she did for me ( knowing that the halves were silver and giving them to me still) her face lit up and all the other girls were like " Aww, thats so sweet", so I said again, it's ok, you were very nice, and once again, I really appreciate what you did! I'm hoping it will pay off for me, I think it will.

Next branch I check in every week, I spoke to a newer teller there and asked the same thing, she told me she didn't have any, and that they really don't get any good stuff in there ( I have another teller in this branch that saves stuff for me when she gets it), but she says, the branch I transfered from would get all kinds of old and rare coins in all the time! She said that if it tried there I would definetly find some good stuff, and then proceeded to tell me where it was and the areas that were good to search! I thanked her and said I would definetly check it out. Very cool of her! So all in all, it was a good day yesterday!

BTW, I am not a member of either of these banks, I just started stopping in every week because I pick up right next to them, it pays to take an extra 10 min to stop and ask sometimes! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mav!

I'd say 99%+ of the tellers I deal with are very nice, but none have really produced much for me. My best source is still boxed coins.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Mav...your story is an excellent example of how our success in this hobby relies on building and maintaining excellent relationships with the tellers and service managers who find/keep/or order our coin for us :)

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice of you. I recently switch bank (it's a hassle) mostly because of bad tellers. I was constantly asked questions when i was trying to buy boxes, when it wasnt those crazy fees. Why does one branch ask a fee for boxes, the other don't i ask them. They should she said, well they dont. I've been a client in that bank for 25 years, not anymore.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
It is people like you who will always do well at this hobby. The relationships you make with the workers at banks can literally make or break you.

I bring all my regular pick up and dump banks bags of candy periodically and can't tell you how far that goes. The cost does add up as I have about 10 banks that I stop at each week to pick up or drop at but when I look at how much I am receiving in silver/copper from them, it is not even a drop in the bucket.

You can be the fastest, most thorough CRH'r out there and go through high volumes that may stagger others, but if you overlook the people who are making that possible, you will run yourself out of business.

Thanks for sharing a great story.

MU

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It is people like you who will always do well at this hobby. The relationships you make with the workers at banks can literally make or break you.

I bring all my regular pick up and dump banks bags of candy periodically and can't tell you how far that goes. The cost does add up as I have about 10 banks that I stop at each week to pick up or drop at but when I look at how much I am receiving in silver/copper from them, it is not even a drop in the bucket.

You can be the fastest, most thorough CRH'r out there and go through high volumes that may stagger others, but if you overlook the people who are making that possible, you will run yourself out of business.

Thanks for sharing a great story.

MU

Right there with ya MU, here's a pic of what most all of my branches get close to once a month, I make them my self at home, very easy but they give a big WOW factor when the ladies see them. I spend quite a bit on goodies for my banks too, it does make a difference, I know some say that the don't get crap for their pickup banks and they are supposed to do their job and blah blah blah but, the little treats and things we do for our branches go a long way for us. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5437.JPG
    DSCN5437.JPG
    652 KB · Views: 106

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooo nice homemade chocolate strawberries!!

Im going to get my 2 banks something this week... They are the only 2 who will order me stuff and not complain or try to fee me...

Cant believe that teller gave up those 40%ers... Must have really liked you :)

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oooo nice homemade chocolate strawberries!!

Im going to get my 2 banks something this week... They are the only 2 who will order me stuff and not complain or try to fee me...

Cant believe that teller gave up those 40%ers... Must have really liked you :)

Well, I am a handsome guy, lol. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions