Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
precious metals prices go up and down, I'm sure they will be worth more then, but no one can say for sure.

I'll hang on to mine unless an emergency pops up, I just like having them.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save them.
I think the price of Precious Metals will continue to go up as do a lot of people.The US currency is not backed by anything any more not gold not silver and they keep raising the the limit on what we can spend.
Cooper

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe our country is on an unsustainable path that will cause economic chaos. I think this situation will lead to a big increase in precious metal prices as pm's have intrinsic value where US currency is worth less and less every day as they just print it out of thin air. This has been done by other countries and it always ends badly. Always. No exceptions. I view my pm holdings as a supplement to my retirement although I like my coins so much, if I didn't need to cash them in I'd probably not. Hang on to them as long as you can.

OP
OP
J

jennifer302013

Jan 13, 2013
toledo
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do trying to find as much silver as i can for my retirement heehe

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with most sentiments here. I'm saving everything worth keeping. I hopefully won't need it for retirement, so I'm planning on my collection being inheritance.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
i was just wondering if silver nickels and dimes and quaters and half dollers in 30 yrs do u expect them to be worth more then they are today i am just wondering so when im older i will have alot saved i been at this for over 12 yrs now with coins do u think in 30 yrs when im ready to retire from working haha it will be good

Jennifer, in my professional opinion, I think prices will be around what they are worth in relative value to what they are now. Its better than nothing, since currency deflates if you are just keeping it in the bank but; of course, its not like you 'gain' anything either. The market goes up and down, your best bet would be to diversify your investments.

Silver_price_in_USD.png

If you look at its value in a completely historic sense, it is very possible with more and more mines being opened and land being cleared throughout the world, silver prices could drop even lower. There will actually be future demand for AG for material reasons rather than investment; AG is the most conductive metal, and if there is enough demand, enough silver being produced, it would not surprise me if high-end handheld wireless communication devices started implementing antenna's made of silver.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
50cent said:
There will actually be future demand for AG for material reasons rather than investment; AG is the most conductive metal, and if there is enough demand, enough silver being produced, it would not surprise me if high-end handheld wireless communication devices started implementing antenna's made of silver.

They say it is more conductive than gold but it tarnishes, so that's why gold is used in computers and other high-end electronics. I agree with what you are saying but manufacturing electronics keeps the demand higher for gold than silver. It's very difficult to predict long term if the gap between Ag & Au will ever start to close substantially.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like 50 said.. Diversify your investments.. No one can say for certain what will happen in the future, but one thing for sure is, I trust my savings in PMs more than any fiat currency..

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do use physical precious metal as an investment, no one but you will be able to report the sale and the original cost basis for income tax purposes. If you forget to claim the income from the sale, no one will able to point out your mistake. Unfortunately, in that scenario the tax due on the gains goes unpaid. I suspect that that inadvertently happens from time to time.

So, keep very good records. ;)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Jen, most of us are doing this in hopes that it will be worth it, I don't think anyone knows for sure if the value will climb way up there, but we are all hoping it will, so, I would say yes, keep all of it and keep collecting it! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread