Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go man! all the banter on here keeps my away from those quarters, but glad to see people are still pulling them. I tried a box a few months back and only found a canadian quarter.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 silver quarters in 1 box? I think I'm voting BANNER on that score! :)

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds... I have'nt managed a silver quarter yet this year... Congrats.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things happen in groupings around here it seems... Past week and a half I've seen several people talking about their quarter box finds. Not calling anyone out but is this an attempt to get us to stop searching halves and dimes? Look at past posts... I'm still new but I've gone back far enough through the posts to see that barely anyone was posting about quarter box finds and now all of a sudden like 5 in a week are scoring 2+ silver a box. Seems fishy to me.

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things happen in groupings around here it seems... Past week and a half I've seen several people talking about their quarter box finds. Not calling anyone out but is this an attempt to get us to stop searching halves and dimes? Look at past posts... I'm still new but I've gone back far enough through the posts to see that barely anyone was posting about quarter box finds and now all of a sudden like 5 in a week are scoring 2+ silver a box. Seems fishy to me.

to think i would make a fake post about finding two crapy 1964 quarters in a 500$ box is ridiculous. Not only did i find them in one box i found them in the same roll. You say your not calling anyone out but you are. Think about it , 2 quarters in a box of 2000 coins, yeah i made it up. I was hoping i was gonna post about a epic box quarters but , it was only two. Let me guess you want pics right? well that won't do any good seeing as i have 5 rolls of silver washington quarters. If i was gonna make a fake post and lie i would have said at least 12 or so. Thanks to everyone who didn't thing i was lying. Good luck with your hunts and it was nice meeting/ talking with all of you. I learned some great stuff i plan to take with me in my CRH hobby. I won't be posting anymore simply because of people like this ass hole who think 10$ in silver is something to lie about. To all the people like him i say a big old **** YOU! HH hunting everyone.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mark, nice find! I tried like 5 boxes a long while back and came up with nothing ( except putting together state Quater books with my kids), so I decided to just start buying 2 junk Silver Quarters a week now for this year, it is the only way I can get them, but I think they are really cool so buying a couple everyweek is fine by me. HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
to think i would make a fake post about finding two crapy 1964 quarters in a 500$ box is ridiculous. Not only did i find them in one box i found them in the same roll. You say your not calling anyone out but you are. Think about it , 2 quarters in a box of 2000 coins, yeah i made it up. I was hoping i was gonna post about a epic box quarters but , it was only two. Let me guess you want pics right? well that won't do any good seeing as i have 5 rolls of silver washington quarters. If i was gonna make a fake post and lie i would have said at least 12 or so. Thanks to everyone who didn't thing i was lying. Good luck with your hunts and it was nice meeting/ talking with all of you. I learned some great stuff i plan to take with me in my CRH hobby. I won't be posting anymore simply because of people like this ass hole who think 10$ in silver is something to lie about. To all the people like him i say a big old **** YOU! HH hunting everyone.

I find what he said insulting to, I found some quarters myself, and posted about them, I did not even make a thread about them. I think he's just jealous because he's a permanent resident of Skunksville. :D

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent said:
I find what he said insulting to, I found some quarters myself, and posted about them, I did not even make a thread about them. I think he's just jealous because he's a permanent resident of Skunksville. :D
It was a valid thought given the recent drama we had here. I'm sure you recall. You just never know what people are going to make up!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's great. :) Quarters are hard to come by. I found 200 once in CWR.
Been averaging like .5 per box lol.
Good luck! :D
Wickaboag.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a valid thought given the recent drama we had here. I'm sure you recall. You just never know what people are going to make up!

Not 2 quarters, if he said he got a 100 silver box, that could be made up, not 2 silver quarters. No one will fawn over your two quarters.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I never found any in boxes, but i never did any. I do $1000 bags , and the average is 1 or 2. I did abag with 5 and not to long ago i got 150 + out of a bag. that was my best score to date. HH

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to put my two bits in. I found a silver quarter in my box of 2x2s. I don't remember finding one let alone putting it in a 2x2.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, don't let the newbies get to you, I believe your post and pictures shouldn't have to be provided... I am one that doesn't post many pictures, best of luck to your searches, go out and buy more quarter boxes from that bank!
hh
buff

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, more and more posts about quarters popping up lately. Did a box the other day and got just a silver plated, but told 50 I'd do a few more out here in District 12. I'll keep you posted...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread