maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So I got to my first bank today to pick up 8 boxes, this is what was delivered for me:BangHead:. 2 repacks of Loomis ( resealed with their paper tape) and 6 Brinks boxes with CWR's and MWR's in them and taped up with clear tape. So I had to go to another county to pick up 2 other boxes ( the pic of the 2 Brinks separate) both of those were repacks too! Some had the same String and Son rolls with blue marker on them that I got yesterday from another town 40 miles away and opened Black and Whites. I don't know, today just sucked! I spent the rest of the day driving to another county to dump all of them, So today was just picking up dumps and redumping them, uuhhgg! Total miles driven this week was 425 for CRHing, worth it? Not this week.

On a good note, I stopped by one of my regular branches to cash a check and one of my cool tellers had 2 rolls of Wheats she had been holding for me! I haven't had time to look through them yet but, very cool of her!

I am definelty getting tired of the repacks for sure! Hope my freinds are doing better than me, it's been weeks of this now! Good luck to everyone hunting today! HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5952.JPG
    DSCN5952.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN5953.JPG
    DSCN5953.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN5954.JPG
    DSCN5954.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 868
  • DSCN5955.JPG
    DSCN5955.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN5956.JPG
    DSCN5956.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN5957.JPG
    DSCN5957.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN5958.JPG
    DSCN5958.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN5959.JPG
    DSCN5959.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN5960.JPG
    DSCN5960.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone keep it civil, please obey all rules. ............

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone keep it civil, please obey all rules. ............

If this was directed at me, I'm sorry Mods, no attack was attempted, just responding to someone stirring the pot, that was all. HH, Maverick.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
repacking is a scourge to the hobby. coin machine or coin lock bags only please. If everyone did one of those options the finds might be better... HH

Sometimes you just can't find a bank that will take your halves unless they are wrapped. They won't take bags, and all the counters charge. The funny thing is, my bank that makes me bring them in wrapped, opens them all up and dumps them into a bag themselves. I have watched them do it.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes you just can't find a bank that will take your halves unless they are wrapped. They won't take bags, and all the counters charge. The funny thing is, my bank that makes me bring them in wrapped, opens them all up and dumps them into a bag themselves. I have watched them do it.

Same thing happens to me; CU where I dump at won't give me bags, but dump the rolls into their coin counters (the coin counter charges 8%) to be bagged and sent off.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I copied my post to here from 50's thread, I thought it applied here too.

In the end, people are going to keep rerolling, be it CWR's or MWR's, I don't really blame the hunters if they have no choice, in my area there are no coin counting machines, so you either reroll or bag them and wait a few days for your account to be credited. I just can't stand the side slitters that tape the side back up, or try to roll the edge back down so they look un searched, but hey, to each his own i guess, I blame more the banks for not either not breaking the rolls open and sending them off in bags to be processed, I would also lay blame on the Carriers for not processing them either and just taking the easy way out by reshipping the boxes out that the bank gave to them to process. I wrote a thread about a bank that was mad at me for turning my boxes insideout when I brought them in because they couldn't just send them back to the carrier, I use them now for bag deposts. I do reroll in CWR's sometimes and bag most other times, I have never reused the MWR's, I take great measures to try and deter them from just shipping them back out, lately I have been shooting the CWR's with spray paint real qwik before I put them in a box so they are too ugly for the carrier to ship back out. I don't know if it will work, but I doubt they will send them back out that way, I also have started running a strip of duct tape around the outside of the box to make them un useable by the bank and the carrier, if they try to remove the tape, it will destroy the box, if others took the few extra minutes it takes to do these things, it would force the banks and carriers to have to process the coins, my boxes and rolls I bring in now are waaayy too ugly to be reshipped back out, if a bank has a problem with it, then I know they are one of the ones that is trying to ship back the boxes instead of opening the rolls and bagging them and I would stop dumping there, so far no one has said anything to me at any of my regular branches, I have confirmed that they are breaking the rolls open at the branches I take boxes to, ( one branch I went into a few days ago the teller looked at me and said, "Dang it, I just did my nails and now your bring me these to sit and unroll") I told her to just crack them open on the edge of the counter to save her nails and toss them in the bag then, this tells me that they are breaking the rolls open and bagging them there. It will be a battle that will probably never be won, but I am def doing my part to make it as hard as possible to ship anything out that I would bring in. All I can say is if you have to reroll, at least try and make them unuseable for the carrier to ship back out. This will not slow me down one bit, I will keep on keepin on, it will take way more than some repacks for me to stop my hobby thats for sure!

One more thing to remember is that if the banks didn't take CWR's, then we wouldn't be able to score CWR's with Silver in them when we go in and ask for them at the bank, and there wouldn't be any " Scored a solid roll today" posts on here either. Food for thought everyone. HH, Maverick

Last edited:

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeeze man that is just horrible.. I was hoping you would hit a big box this week with your orders.. That is just how it works sometimes though.. Man I would have been cursing up a storm once I got back in the car with those boxes. :laughing9:

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeeze man that is just horrible.. I was hoping you would hit a big box this week with your orders.. That is just how it works sometimes though.. Man I would have been cursing up a storm once I got back in the car with those boxes. :laughing9:

Lol, ya, the worst part was when she brought the cart out from the back and I saw the boxes, I knew then I had just wasted a 4000 dollar order there when I should have just asked my regular branches to let me do a big order for this week, hopefully next week will be better, I got like 12 or so repacks bagged and tagged for deposit and out of the system today though so hopefully that helps me next week.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try a different approach, ask the service manager to inquire with the courier why they are sending these boxes of re-rolled coins. Technically the courier should be sending them MWR sealed boxes that are verified by their counting system, that is what the bank pays them to do. work that angle alittle, dont worry about the headache, find the aspirin.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
try a different approach, ask the service manager to inquire with the courier why they are sending these boxes of re-rolled coins. Technically the courier should be sending them MWR sealed boxes that are verified by their counting system, that is what the bank pays them to do. work that angle alittle, dont worry about the headache, find the aspirin.

The vault teller at this branch was really cool, this has happened to me the last 6 times I have ordered from here, the last time I talked with her and showed the opened rolls and explained to her what was happening, she called the central vault and explained to them the situation and that she didn;t want opened boxes sent to the bank( she went above and beyond for me), they sent more repacks, she then called a different number and talked to them, she said she requested the same thing to the new number she called and they sent more repacks again. I'm just not ordering from this branch again and not trying Garda or Loomis anymore, I was just trying a dif carrier from my normal one, I learned my lesson, not trying it anymore. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread