cry pennies

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Machine wrapped? This is almost impossible considering their sorting machines sort according to metal content and weight, I've been through at least 30 boxes of CENTS, not one dime in the machine wrapped. I ALWAYS find dimes in customer wrapped rolls, probably because they feel bad for sneaking a canadian in

Last edited:
OP
OP
x512x

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
I specifically asked for customer wrapped. I still got 3 more boxes first box only have 5 wheat ill post pic when I'm done

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
you did find a Canadian in it right? i said it once and I says it again, people put dimes in because they feel bad about putting a Canadian; trying to right a wrong if'n you know what I'm saying.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We find dimes in MWR cents all the time, probably one every other box on average.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New CRHer

I went through $65.00 in rolled dimes, and $30.00 in rolled nickels. I got one 1964 dime and one 1943P nickel :). Also....... I was at our local WalMart this morning when I saw a lady putting her change into a COINSTAR machine. I saw a coin was rejected, and she put it back through. The machine was still counting and it rejected another coin. By then all her coins were fed through, so she put the rejected coin back through again, and the machine reqected it again. It looked like a dime. I steped up and said "you know it costs you 10% when you use this machine? She said yes, and I reached into the slot where the reqected coins fall, and picked out the dime. I'm sure it was the same coin that was rejected two other times. I reached into my pocket and took out a quarter and handed it to here and asked if it was ok to trade my quarter for her rejected dime and she said yes. Well ladies and gentleman, you guessed it. It was a 1954d dime. I always thought the coin machines keep the silver, but I guess I was wrong. Now when I see someone using a COINSTAR I will hang around and see if anything is rejected and check it out. Today I ordered a box of halfs, the teller said the box she had in the vault had already been gone through by another customer. I'm supposed to pick up the box on Tuesday. I will be my first half box.

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$100 dollars in cents
4 dimes
2 Canadians, 1 Puerto Rician.
The one roll i counted had 50 cents plus the dime. Now i wonder the count, on the roll of halves, with a 100 colones coin was.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machine wrapped? This is almost impossible considering their sorting machines sort according to metal content and weight, I've been through at least 30 boxes of pennies, not one dime in the machine wrapped. I ALWAYS find dimes in customer wrapped rolls, probably because they feel bad for sneaking a canadian in

Its possible, but it likely won't happen very often. I have found a quarter in MWR halves on two separate occasions. Once the quarter was in place of a half. On the other occasional it was a full roll of halves plus the quarter.

OP
OP
x512x

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
My results for 100$ in cents was 23 wheats 7 Canadians and 8 dimes my oldest wheat was 1914

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Its possible, but it likely won't happen very often. I have found a quarter in MWR halves on two separate occasions. Once the quarter was in place of a half. On the other occasional it was a full roll of halves plus the quarter.

I find dimes quite often in the Brinks boxes of wrapped cents, not unusual at all, along with Canadian and other foreign coins.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
It happens more than you think. About a year ago i found $20 presidential dollars mixed in with my box of halves.

I receive pennies in my dime rolls periodically and they are torn/shaved down and many times sharp. (No idea if is the machine that wraps them that shaving them or what) since doing a high volume of cents in the ryedale, I see many dimes in with the zincs.

These are all from MRW's
MU

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread