Attention - Cent Searchers in GA/TN - 1914-D Cent to be released into the wild

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
From April 19 to the 21st, Georgia Numismatic Association will be holding their annual show/convention in Dalton, GA.

As part of the convention activities, a 1914-D cent will be released into circulation around the Dalton, GA, area. Anyone who finds this coin can return it during the convention to the registration desk and after verification receive a $250 reward. * Quote from the Feb. 5th Numismatic News.

I would suggest increasing your cent searching activity in the area with increased box orders, but especially of clearing out the banks of their customer wrapped rolls. While conducting your day to day commerce, be sure to request your change in cents when possible. Perhaps, ask for an extra roll or two at retail stores.

Let's see if one of the dedicated hunters of TNet find the elusive '14-D cent. Good luck.

Upvote 0

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not going to be in a box or bank... they're probably going to have a shop give it as change really close to the convention..

It's gonna be lost.. pennies hit jars and cup holders forever.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It's not going to be in a box or bank... they're probably going to have a shop give it as change really close to the convention..

It's gonna be lost.. pennies hit jars and cup holders forever.

You're right. We don't need any positive posts or encouragement here on TNet. I look forward to your next posts detailing your skunk streak or fantastical 1 40%'er. Living the dream...

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never once complained about a skunk streak or bragged about 1 40%er. Just calling it like I saw it AND I GAVE ADVICE ON THE HUNT

Best check yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread