Tax money...what to do?

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm CRH with about 1500.00. I'm going to add some money from the tax return to the CRH money.

Question: should I use all of the money for CRH or should I buy a little bullion to help off set the long skunk streaks? It would put me close to 2800.00
If I do buy bullion, generic or eagles/maples/phill harmonics?

I should add, I can't really up my numbers until I can square away more dump banks.

Thanks

NP

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
ya pay off debt first. If you can dump more, increase your CRHing budget if not buy some bullion up to what you think you could reallistically pickup / dump.

I would not search anything other than halves unless you are doing it for something like a "found in the wild collection", Quarters, Dimes, & nickles are a waste time in my opinion. I searched a couple hundred thousand in dimes and when compared to an equal amount of halves searched I was getting 4x the ounces with Halves for the same dollar amount searched. You can't escape the law of large numbers! I wouldn't even waste your time with quarters, most used/culled denomination of all times. Nickles, sure you might find some war nicks but they are time consuming, can't edge search them and I think i;ve only seen 1-2 major war nick score on here in 2 years, also they are only .350 fine, not that great. I'd do pennies through my ryedale before quarters, nicks, and dimes.

Halves, Halves, Halves, are your best friend for ounces per hour of time spent.

It depends on the area. Also, keep in mind 40%ers are not very good, like war nickels for selling.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on how much money you make in your job. I would definitely use the money to search more halves rather than buy bullion, though.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seldom have this problem because my wife determines the amount I get to play with.. But no matter what I get I usually split it up between buying silver and coin hunting and if I know there's going to be an auction going on close to home I will take some there too.. Just like investing money I believe you never want to have it all tied up in one place... Just my thoughts..

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would venture to say it does not depend on the area. If its dry, its dry and been tapped. Either way ryedaling is still more productive per hour than dimes, quarters, or nicks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread