Ugly Walkers!

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went through a few of my Tuesday boxes and found 5 of the ugliest Walkers. Looks like they were all glued down for a long time!

phpI6MXQrPM[1].jpg

On to more boxes. HH

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe somebody back in the day was messing with homeless people and glued them to the sidewalk. Looks like they got them off though =)

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugly or not they are still silver and silver to me never looks ugly....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you don't want them send em over

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow hate to see walkers like that(I love em) but like Pong said, they're silver!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the method sagittarius98 linked, and it works great. The hotter water not only helps dissolve the baking soda but it also speeds up the cleaning, colder water still works only slower. You can also use Generic Washing soda since it is Sodium Carbonate instead of Bi Carbonate. Also boil the water if you want but I usually just nuke it in the microwave. Make sure to thoroughly rinse your coins afterwards to stop any chemical reactions.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unsure think the sodium carbonate just reacts with the silver oxide, not sure if works on nickels or if another chemical works with that oxide.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Will that work with nickels as well??

I think it does. The coin looks really shiny, though it does lose it's numismatic value. It is better than silver polish, which scrubs the coin. This removes the top layer of silver, and then puts it back on.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Walkers! Those are ugly but ...... HH, Maverick.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with unroller.......... a cleaned coin looks much better to me than a dirty one. And besides, who looks at a coin collection with a microscope, that's anal. A dirty coin in a collection is like a dirty car at a car show, in my opinion. I guess I screwed up when I first started collecting and cleaned a bunch of silver. Oh well.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with unroller.......... a cleaned coin looks much better to me than a dirty one. And besides, who looks at a coin collection with a microscope, that's anal. A dirty coin in a collection is like a dirty car at a car show, in my opinion. I guess I screwed up when I first started collecting and cleaned a bunch of silver. Oh well.

It ruins the collectors value, but if they are junk silver, there is no harm in cleaning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions