Coin Roll hunter - my 1st try - success!!!

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I spent much of the long holiday weekend snowed into my house reading posts from all the great people on this website. I really love metal detecting, but with 3 feet of snow I was very excited to read about Coin Roll Hunting. I was able to make it to the local bank at opening time this morning and bought up all the rolls of halves in the place ($230).
I was so excited- as the teller was counting out the rolls and I could seen the dull-glorious sheen of well worn silver in the end of one of the crimped rolls.

Now (3 hours later) I am looking at 1 90% half ;D, 17 40% halves ;D ;Dand a big ole' pile of clad :o on the living room coffee table (my girlfriend will be so happy to see all this mess!).

Thank you to everyone who posted such great results on this site and helped me find yet another way to "treasure hunt." I actually already called and asked a teller that I know well to order me a $500 box of halves! (Now my girlfriend will really freak out!).

I'll try to post a pic.

Attachments

• 1st coin roll hunt 2.JPG
    1st coin roll hunt 2.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. To help take up a little more time you might want to keep track of other varieties roll hunters look for, example, the 1974D DDO. The RUS in the word TRUST on the obverse is doubled, and can be seen with a good magnifying glass. There are many more to look for, just look at the posts and you can get a good idea. I even think someone posted a link you could look at to get a good idea of what to look for, I just am not sure what the link is or where the post is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread