OP
OP
M

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quickly went thru my bank statements trying to figure out how much coin I went thru this year. As of today I have processed $1.4 million this year. I have to figure out the breakdown of Halfs versus dimes. Its probably 80% Halfs - I want to aim for 2 million in 2014 :-)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, I don't think it is too wise to buy your coins on account. Of course we're not doing anything illegal but tracing back transactions that involve cash only may be a little bit tougher.

OP
OP
M

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, I don't think it is too wise to buy your coins on account. Of course we're not doing anything illegal but tracing back transactions that involve cash only may be a little bit tougher.
It is a business account (because it is a business :-))
What stops me from doing ALOT more coin is that I never deposit or withdraw more than $8000 a time. Currently I am picking up/dropping off a minimum of 3 times a week.

timmiller123

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really cool i was wondering how much you woud suggest someone start of with and wich bank to go to get them

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats really cool i was wondering how much you woud suggest someone start of with and wich bank to go to get them

Start small with < 2 boxes a week, and slowly build up. Otherwise you'll screw yourself. Good luck.

timmiller123

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you coin roll hunt pennies and if you do how often do you find wheats

P.s. do u find alot of new rolls

OP
OP
M

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far this year I have been consistently picking up 8K every Mon, Wed and Friday. I found the following so far.

Ben Franklin 1954 - 1
Ben Franklin 1963 - 1
Kennedy 1964 - 15
Kennedy 1965 - 20
Kennedy 1966 - 16
Kennedy 1967 - 36
Kennedy 1968 - 17
Kennedy 1969 - 8
I also found a bunch of foreign stuff that I just throw into a jar. So I've gone thru $54,000 already and if I am doing this right...
17@ 90% Silver
97@ 40% Silver
Should be 20 oz of silver or $400... I won't be quitting my day job any time soon.

OP
OP
M

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got tired of buying dollies...

I broke two dollies in the last two months because they were too overloaded. The problem I have is I don't want to make a second trip back to the car to get more bags... which means that I need a dollie that can carry consistently 450# - The magna fold cart I had worked and I recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable small cart.
This is the cart I just finished building. I made it out of Aluminum 1/8 thick sheet and used 600# wheels. One of the guys in the shop did a swirl pattern on the top of the deck. Honestly I think I might just powdercoat it matte black. I don't need all the attention carrying this thing around. So far I have been able to easily move around 12 bags of 50# (half dollar or nickel... its my secret which one) I might just make another one up just to see what the breaking point is...

Attachments

• Bottom Dolley Deck.jpg
    Bottom Dolley Deck.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Dolley Deck 2.jpg
    Dolley Deck 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Dolley Deck.jpg
    Dolley Deck.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Dolley full side view.jpg
    Dolley full side view.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Underside Dolley Deck.jpg
    Underside Dolley Deck.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 86

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quickly went thru my bank statements trying to figure out how much coin I went thru this year. As of today I have processed $1.4 million this year. I have to figure out the breakdown of Halfs versus dimes. Its probably 80% Halfs - I want to aim for 2 million in 2014 :-)

What was the total amount of silver halves found among all those half dollars? If you averaged 2.5 silvers per box it would be 5600 silver halves. Is that how many you found?
Also how many skunks? And longest skunk streak?

Thanks for your postings. I really find it interesting to see the results of the big volume hunters.

OP
OP
M

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the total amount of silver halves found among all those half dollars? If you averaged 2.5 silvers per box it would be 5600 silver halves. Is that how many you found?
Also how many skunks? And longest skunk streak?

Thanks for your postings. I really find it interesting to see the results of the big volume hunters.

I have all the info, I just need to look thru it to figure out the answer to your question. It is complicated because sometimes I'll sell 90% to buy Platinum, gold and other base metals. So how much I profited shifts on multiple markets. I can honestly say that I don't do this for a big payday. I can tell you that if you factor in the time, gas and other stuff it isnt as much money as you would think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread