Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Why can't culling silver via checking rims be someone's hobby?
No reason it can't be a hobby my friend. I search upwards of $30-$50k a year, mostly dimes. I edge search. Do I profit? Not really, (no, because I never sell my finds except for dirty 40's). Been doing it for 30+ years. Same reason I metal detect. Thrilla de hunt.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about it but its simply to much unless the Federal Reserve lets me search the Vault lol.

The federal reserve has absolutely Zero to do with coin packing facilities.

Did you mean to say that you would like to search at the loomis/guardia facility?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No reason it can't be a hobby my friend. I search upwards of $30-$50k a year, mostly dimes. I edge search. Do I profit? Not really, (no, because I never sell my finds except for dirty 40's). Been doing it for 30+ years. Same reason I metal detect. Thrilla de hunt.

Well said and I do agree with you 100% for sure. I just see a ton of people on here claiming to be hobbyists on one thread and on another it's all about hoarding silver. If it was a hobby to them they wouldn't be whining about some peoples high volume hunts and taking "thier" silver out of circulation. I find it strange how one high volume hunter is hailed as "the man" and the others are ruining "their" hobby. If it was a hobby to them they wouldn't give 2 poops about what someone else is doing in a State miles away from them. That would be like me *****ing about someone finding a gold ring with their detector in Russia.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hoarding silver.

When I buy it with Federal Reserve Notes, I get a hohum feeling in my body.

When I score it through CRHing, MDing, I get a rush.

This thread in particular is interesting, because most folks seem to have reservations about the legitimacy of the OP's claims. I am simply mum on that particular tidbit.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own. DACC I find your posts lack any real interest. I am very happy that you find so much silver. But I think I get more of a kick out of the ones and twos most on here find. Also I really like the pictures it brightens my day. Here's one of my week. HH

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130210_162730.png
    ForumRunner_20130210_162730.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 144

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Eminem you are back.

I may be wrong, but I feel like Eminem, DACC, and Stephen Hawking are the same person. Eminem talked ghetto (like a stereotypical rapper), DACC is talking all smart and investor-like (again stereotypical) and Stephen Hawking talked like a stereotypical genius scientist.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I don't really care if the original poster has a multiple personality disorder or not so how about we look at this as an interesting study in CRH.

Let's have fun and calculate what it would take to do this, albeit a very rough estimate on 100 boxes.

It would probably take 20 banks to round up 100 boxes in a week. Maybe 15 minutes per bank for each pickup so if they are close that would be about 6 hours.

10 minutes to search each box, that would be about 17 hours.

If you are really incredibly lucky and have a single dump bank that would take unlimited bags and the bank is close to your home, you could probably take ten bags back per trip. 5 trips to the dump bank. 30 minutes per dump bank trip. That is really pushing it with all the loading, unloading but what the heck lets call it 3 hours

Sounds like about 30 hours of work.

If you can pull 50 oz. of silver doing this that isn't bad for a weeks work. If you are a married couple with a couple teenage kids that help it would be more doable.

Maine_Jim

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes me almost 2 hours to dump $700 in Nickles.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes me almost 2 hours to dump $700 in Nickles.
I started buying 1000 dollar bags of dimes. Takes forever but I figured out that it takes about 1.3 seconds for every dollar in dimes. Total is about 21 min per 1000 in dimes at my dump banks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread