Crappy day turned great. First solid roll of halves!!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I was supposed to pick up 6 boxes of halves. Well, long story short, all of my pick up banks today had an ordering issue so these boxes will not be in until next week. Grrrr. I was mad because I schlepped my son all around town trying to get pickups done and get some work errands done at the same time. Any of you who have a 2 year old know how long they last inside a bank....it wasn't pretty lol.

Anyways...not to be deterred I popped into a couple of my old order banks on the off chance they had a box or two lying around. They didn't, but one teller overheard me asking for halves and blurted out that he had $40. Now, this is a BOA, they don't usually keep CWRs around for long, all the coin is bagged tagged and shipped around here. I bought them all, of course. He asked of I wanted the counted out, I said no thanks, but that did not stop him from looking in a roll. "Oh these are ooooooold, they might be valuable." All I cold think of saying in reply was "huh, that's interesting."

Took the rolls to the car, strapped the son in, and opened the roll in question. All 40% halves! No way would I have scored so many from the boxes that did not make it, so I am a happy camper. I'd post pics but I don't know if my ipad is imprinting GPS coordinates so ill refrain for now. HH everyone!

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score namster.....I had a great first time score of my own earlier today and I'll try and post it later tonight. Btw, I haven't been here in almost a year so its good to see some familiar names again.

H$H!

Last edited:

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol.. Awesome Namster.. Glad to see you got some silver, let alone a solid roll.. I bet that made you feel a little better about missing your orders..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go man! Really glad for ya, I know it's been not so great there. I totally concur with the 2 yr old, lol, my little girl ( 2 1/2) has been out with me so many times that she knows were we are going and that she's going to get a few lolli pops that day, it is a pain though and I feel bad after a couple of banks too. I have resorted now to just stopping into my dump banks and taking her out to dump, and then hitting the drive throughs on the way home so I don't have to unload her to many times, you'd be surprized what you can get just pulling up to random drive throughs. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread