Coin Shop Theft -- One Ballsy Thief!

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
http://m.kcci.com/news/Manager-Cust...in/-/16916438/18453924/-/vtnt9qz/-/index.html

This is my local coin shop I do all my buying and selling at. The owner is a very nice guy and who also puts on a coin club once a month for kids 16 and under. My son (coin_surfer) and I attend this and it is great. He gives away things every meeting. It is hard to imagine anyone pocketing a coin like this when the business is open and just walking out. With the picture and vehicle description, I believe he will be caught.

MU

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a link.. Can you post it?

(Got it now thanks...)
Wow.. What a scumbag.. He obviously knew what he was doing and had a good amount of knowledge..

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey MU, yes, it is unfortunate, it does sound like he knew what he was looking for,I would say that pick will get him caught. HH, Maverick.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bingo 14 months Hes free The coin shop i go to got robbed for $600.000.00 Thats a good days pay.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Back during the first major silver runup of "79-80 there was a shop on Euclid paying silver prices for steel cents. I kid you not, the fools actually thought they were buying silver pennies. The joke going around another shop I was frequenting at the time was they had a pile of steelies they were going to send someone in with.

Rascal

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
". The man was driving a Ford Crown Victoria with a silver spotlight and large black antenna." Sounds like a cop car to me.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude is gonna go and buy a mountain dew with it, and then I will get at my pick up bank in 5 months. Yes, this is how this will play out. :blackbeard:

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
I hate to say it but the coin is prob sold. If he knew what it was worth he had to of had a buyer. If I where the cops I would looks a forums and maybe Ebay for earlier auctions/sales. But just by the pic he will prob get caught

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is "RingMaster" from diggers!!!...lol

HH,

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
". The man was driving a Ford Crown Victoria with a silver spotlight and large black antenna." Sounds like a cop car to me.

These old cop cars are a dime a dozen in des moines....this coin shop has bought numerous junk silver from me in the past. Good people. Stinks that there are crooks like this everywhere.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am sure he poped it out of the case and sold it for ?? $3000?? Not bad for 10 min... work!! Am sure the coin shop guy took it from some unknowing guy screw him. It was a $200 dollar coin and insurance paid him the big bucks! Life goes on

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cop, I dont think so they usually work 2 or 3 jobs to get the bills paid. He was prob a pro and knew what he was doing they said he took the most valuable coin in the store. The coin was prob sold before he he stole it.If he gets caught prob 2 to 3 years if he has a crappy lawyer if he gets a good one he'll walk. But he always has to look over his shoulder till he does.I hope he gets caught soon.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
..... Yes cops are not the most honest people around.........I would not put any thing past them....

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure let me get out my tray worth thousands of dollars so you can see....not.
I'd either hand him one coin at a time or I'd say the glass is see through buddy.
I'm sorry but if you have a tray worth 10's of thousands of dollars, I don't think I'd "let myself get distracted" as the video put.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions