GarouLadys Coin Log

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
GarouLady's Coin Log

Well I got my 2 boxes of nickels from my workplace. First box had 3 war nickels, 1944P, 1945P, 1943P, a 1938 buffalo nickel (I think. Couldn't tell if it was a 30's or 20's) and a 1998S frosted proof. The proof looks nice but it does have some circulation markings. I tried to get some dime boxes while taking my mom to her hair appointment but the bank said that I needed to special order them. I told them that I am not in town on certain days, consistantly, that this was just a spur of a moment. So that stunk but I am going to order my coins from now on from my workplace. At least I know when those come in and nicely more often than not, I am working that day so no additional gas fees. Now if I could only find a closer coin counting machine that doesn't charge. ::sighs::

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Normally I take them to my dump bank and they don't charge me but its way on the other side of town and I just had waaayyy too much to do that day. I had to go to the credit union, ran to another bank to draw out my IRA (which didn't have a coin counter), went to a Menards to pick up groceries for my mom, stopped at a LCS to pick up some silver. Got home, unloaded stuff, grabbed my mom's tax, drove to my town to drop them off, went to another store to get more groceries (she was craving nachos ::sighs:: ), went to the library to print up some papers. Got home, unloaded and by then it was 5:30 in the afternoon. Been on the road for 6 1/2 hours. Eessshh. Next time I plan on saving my dimes like I did nickels and take them to my dump bank every couple of months or so.

But on the good side of things I have some extra money for CRHing or buying silver. Hey wilmington quick question. If you were going through providental metals would you get all bullion, all junk silver or a mixture? Just needed a bit of wisdom from the more experience folks. =)

Sincerely, Garoulady

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I would probably get all bullion. When getting silver from a place like Provident, it will have an assayers mark on it. That mark will be just as good for a dealer that you are going to sell your silver to (down the road) as coins. If it is not going to have an assayer's mark on it, then I would go with coins. Also, if I were buying bullion I would keep the bars 10oz or less, just for ease of selling. It is all about how easily you can sell what you get to me.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about getting 1 oz bars. I mean personally 5 oz and 10 oz bars sound neat but boy they would be a real bear to hide or move around. At least 1 oz bars I could sew into clothing or leath belts etc. Silver fell even more. Down to 29.50. I am wondering how much it will fall wednesday.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I got 2 boxes of dimes. 1st box was nothing but 2012P brand spanking new dimes. Rats!!! but it was a quick buy from my bank. my 2nd box came from work and I didn't open each roll, I just looked for any coins what looked like silver. I found 3 canadians (not silver), 1-5 pence and yes, YES! 1 - 1948 dime. Score!! Mawhaha!!

well I had some extra money and bought $1.75 face value quarters and 2 frosted quarters (1970 and 1972) for a dollar each. I am throwing around the idea if I want to blow some money on bullion from internet sources or use it for CRHing for a while. I can get per week, 2 boxes of dimes and 4 boxes of nickels. Halves are just too heavy for me and I haven't had bubkiss for luck with them. So I am leaving them for more experienced and stronger CRHers. But I have a while to play around with my ideas.

1X1948 dime
7X quarters (bought from LCS)
1 x 2005 5 pence

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Got another silver dime via coinstar!! I didn't see anything but reached in out of habit and found a dime had been standing up on edge. A nice 1963 dime. I pocketed it and felt really happy. So that is 3 dimes I have found via coinstars in less than a week. Now if silver would only go up again and I would be very happy.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well picked up my 2 boxes of dimes from my grocery store and went through them. Ugh, what a let down. Skunked on both of them. Since they were in plastic tubes I didn't slice them open. I even saw a couple of dirt ones but after tilting them back and forth, I saw the copper in them and set the roll back. I was wondering on one thing. Should I take all 4 boxes to my dump bank unwrapped or do I slice them open and throw them into my containers? I have 3 full boxes and one box missing 2 dime rolls along with the loose dimes and my extra change. My extra change I am going to deposit into my account and the rest I am getting back in cash.

any hints would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Well picked up my 2 boxes of dimes from my grocery store and went through them. Ugh, what a let down. Skunked on both of them. Since they were in plastic tubes I didn't slice them open. I even saw a couple of dirt ones but after tilting them back and forth, I saw the copper in them and set the roll back. I was wondering on one thing. Should I take all 4 boxes to my dump bank unwrapped or do I slice them open and throw them into my containers? I have 3 full boxes and one box missing 2 dime rolls along with the loose dimes and my extra change. My extra change I am going to deposit into my account and the rest I am getting back in cash.

any hints would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Yeah, just bring back the boxes and request cash for it. lol. Sorry you haven't done good in boxes, atleast your coinstars are producing!
Happy hunting Garou <3
Wicka

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went to go get 2 boxes of dimes from a bank. that turned out to be a big skunk-a-roo. Been sick with medical issues the past couple of weeks so no coin hunting for a while. Was suppose to go to town and take mom to get death benefits for our dad, but she woke up really dizzy. Damn Meniere's disease. I hate it when it hits me. Ugh!! So I bucked up, took a serious handful of painkillers and drove to the store to pick up some pop, birdseed, and lunch for my mom. I stopped at a bank nearby, where I had gotten the dimes and asked for a box of dimes and nickels. They didn't have any dimes but said ok to the nickels. I told them one box was ok. truth, I really wasn't up to hauling in 2 boxes of nickels this week. so got home and unloaded 5-12pks of soda, 3 bags of birdseed/peanuts, lunch and kitty litter and then my box of nickels. ughs!! finally sitting down I went through them. I was thinking about I am going to get skunked because I was finding absolutely no early coins and found some marked ones when I spotted the S over montecello. Yeah!! I turned it over and man was it totally dirty. I could just barely make out 1943, I think. No buffalos, a lot of canadian nickels which I cull, and 1 lone war nickel. Oh well, silver's silver.

See ya,
Garoulady

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love to see that S over the dome. I found two this week but 90% of the time I see the P. ICP.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear of your skunks and medical issues GL, hope you fell better and your next boxes give you something good! Nice pull on the 43 though! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Cellphone Pic Highjinx

I found out how to take pictures with my cellphone and EM them to my account. But my cellphone is so old the pics aren't the best. Here is one of the silver quarters I found in the coinstar. It's a 19-something. Can't afford anything else. I only have to pay 120 dollars a year for the minutes. It's a tracphone. Still trying to find out how to just hook up the USB recharge thing to my laptop and hopeing I can just cut and paste them all to my laptop.

Photo-0028.jpg

Let me know if I should keep taking pics or if my cellphone is a dud.

Sincerely, garoulady

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
1964, Nice find, the hardest one to find in the wild. Yes, that pick is good, pics are allways nice :). HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well my week kinda stunk. Got done with work on friday and was getting ready to go home when my medical condition kicked in. bracing myself I got myself home and was in the bathroom for an hour. went to call my boss and tell her that saturday was going to be a no-go for work and she told me to get my butt to the ER. Mind you this is 2 AM and I didn't want to bother anyone, so I tried to call my brother. Turns out he was drunk and couldn't drive. so I drove myself back to work and my boss went with me to the ER. Its pretty sad when co-workers and freinds worry more about you then your own family.

On a good note I had saturday off so I was able to go through my 2 boxes of nickels I got from work. I found 2 buffs (1923& 1936), 3 war nickels (1945P, 1943P and 1943P) and in the coinstar via a customer whose coins were really nasty, I substituted her 1964 silver quarter for a clad.

So other than partially facing my phobia of doctors, I did pretty good with silver.

Sincerely, Garoulady

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you were not feeling 100%. A couple buffaloes and 3 war nics is god's way of saying he loves you. Glad to see your post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions