sweet bill score todayand box of half dollars!!!!!!

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1a.jpg 1c.jpg 1b.jpg

1 box for sunday!
1 64
8 40%
1 87 proff
and an 87-p

and even better a teller saved all these old bills for me!8-)8-)
the 2 dollars are 53and63
the 1 are 57

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!

Nice hit of silver for only 1 box!

I love silver certificates... how do you go about asking the banks if they have any of those? I did manage to have a teller give me one as change when I bought CWR half dollars from the bank...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver.. Love those silver certificates I'm always on the lookout for them... Nice finds..

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet.. That is definitely a great day..You got a good amount of silvers out of that one box too.. Way to go...

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 bills, they are both 1928, one is a 10 dollar bill, the other is a 20 dollar bill. They are federal reserve notes that say I can turn them in for GOLD!! I am use to seeing the silver certificates but this was the first time I have seen the gold ones. One of the guys at my LCS said they were worth face value until I pointed out the gold part and he actually had to ask his boss about them. Then he tacked on an additional dollar amount. Anyone know what those are worth?

BTW, love the silver half dollars. Pretty sweet find.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a whole lot of tellers ask me if I want $2 bills lately when I ask about halves or large dollars. I know nothing about them, so I just politely decline. Anything in particular to be on the lookout for?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything before 1976, and anything with a star on the serial number. They can be worth some money, it seems only older $2 bills are worth any money, any relatively recent paper money (even as far back as the 1930s) hold very little premium over face value.

OP
OP
hotrod

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just ask the tellers if they have anything old.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
i just ask the tellers if they have anything old.

Wouldn't that tip off tellers though?? ::scratches her head::

sincerely, Garoulady

PS - I have had tellers ask me what I do with all my nickels. I tell them we have the grandkids over and play nickel poker once a month. The kids get to keep what they win and all.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 bills, they are both 1928, one is a 10 dollar bill, the other is a 20 dollar bill. They are federal reserve notes that say I can turn them in for GOLD!! I am use to seeing the silver certificates but this was the first time I have seen the gold ones. One of the guys at my LCS said they were worth face value until I pointed out the gold part and he actually had to ask his boss about them. Then he tacked on an additional dollar amount. Anyone know what those are worth?

BTW, love the silver half dollars. Pretty sweet find.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Post a picture, and ask in the Paper currency forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions