Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Pman! The best place to buy halves (in quantity) is the bank. All half dollars have been searched, over and over and over again. What you are hoping for is to find the few collectible ones that have been introduced back into circulation. Good luck, and this is helpful reading:

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!! + TERMS

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet DACC has plenty that he will sell you.
V

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any bank can order you halves. Just ask. I'd go to the bank I regularly deal with. Dispose of them at another bank. I haven't done very well, but have pulled a few good ones out, plus one full roll of uncirculated Kennedy's.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
50cent said:
if going to the bank is to much trouble for you, you can buy them off ebay. Unsearched Full Box 50 Rolls Kennedy Half Dollars | eBay
The most i'd offer for these, is $500, but thats just me.
save's on the gas, and call around, maybe a local bank will let you mail your rolled dumps to them.

That's a funny eBay listing 50. Thanks for sharing, it was good for a chuckle.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to start a thread for us beginners. Other than smoosing a teller, where can you buy rolls of halves, or even boxes of half's? Seems to me, most folks have pulled the silver out. Where's the best way to buy rolls that havent been searched? Thanks, panthermartin

There is already a thread for beginners. Look at the top of the page at the beginner's guide.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, in case you missed the sarcasm in just about all the answers to your post, there is a thread for you beginners. It is stickied to the top of the forum page, and if the beginners would read it first, the need for sarcastic responses would be infinitely reduced. Sorry that one of your first experiences with starting a thread on this board was negative. Happy hunting and good luck.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just order boxes at your bank and dump at some other bank over and over and over again And hope some poor sap cashed in there old silver coins just for you!! Its just that easy.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KMart is where I get mine, yesterday I walked in and they were having a "Blue Light Special" on them. Couldn't believe that I got them for $490.00 a box......
But keep that amongst us CRH's here on TNET.....

OP
OP
P

panthermartin

Greenie
Feb 4, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, in case you missed the sarcasm in just about all the answers to your post, there is a thread for you beginners. It is stickied to the top of the forum page, and if the beginners would read it first, the need for sarcastic responses would be infinitely reduced. Sorry that one of your first experiences with starting a thread on this board was negative. Happy hunting and good luck.

Hey Wilmintonsilver & enamel7, thanks for the replys.
Yes, I read the thread for the beginners, but didn't read all 11 pages of replys, maybe a few pages. Just hoping some Successful hunters may have a few tips of getting uncirculated coins. I received and expected some sarcasim. Folks like to give sarcasim because it makes them feel more intelligent than they really are. I don't mind though, new threads and reply are fun for all of us, or we wouldn't be here on TNet.
Thanks for all the replys, good or bad.
As far as 50cent's reply, he's correct. You can buy them on ebay. Click on his responce. That guy's selling a box of 50 for $650. He's getting an extra $3 per roll, plus shipping. So much for making $$$ that way.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, I don't quite know how to take that. No one can tell you how to really find more silver. If we knew the answer to that we would be rich. The only true answer is volume. We won't know what is in the rolls you get until you search and tell us.
Seriously though, I answered truefully. Snide remarks about others intelligence and you won't be here long.
HH
enamel7

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
panthermartin said:
Hoping to start a thread for us beginners. Other than smoosing a teller, where can you buy rolls of halves, or even boxes of half's? Seems to me, most folks have pulled the silver out. Where's the best way to buy rolls that havent been searched? Thanks, panthermartin

Panthermartin,

Unfortunately all circulated coins have been searched through before, but what we are doing is searching through the circulated undesirable clad half dollars and looking for the desirable Not Intended For Circulation ( NIFC) coins (including proofs) or the once-circulated silver coins that someone recently deposited in a bank. The ones that we are searching for are ones that get mixed in with the ones that someone has searched through at one point, but then get rolled together and boxed up.

It can get confusing to think about it like that, but it is like the water cycle. Coins come in to the different coin processing facilities (Garda, Loomis, Dunbar, Brinks), get mixed around, then packaged to be sent out again to the banks.

OP
OP
P

panthermartin

Greenie
Feb 4, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks again for the above replys.
For all of us beginners, here's the tip i had to get beat up for: volume

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
panthermartin said:
Thanks again for the above replys.
For all of us beginners, here's the tip i had to get beat up for: volume

Sorry for the not-so-warm welcome. Seems some people liked hazing a little too much in there college days or something, I got that when I first asked those beginner questions a few months ago.

You are exactly right on the key to success - volume. I started ordering half boxes in Dec. which most all agree is the best month for silver because of everyone depositing their collections to get Holiday money. I didn't see my oldest and best coins until I upped my volume. I just totaled my numbers for Jan, and it was actually better than Dec. because of a full 4 weeks of ordering boxes.

Volume is the key, but dumping the rejects into a different coin supplier is equally important. Otherwise you're searching the same coins over and over again. Some will say they find silver dumping into their supply, but most will agree that you're diluting your supply with the undesirable coins.

HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
all 11 pages of replys

Switch your settings so you have a 100 posts a page. Much more convenient when you have like 3 pages and not 11 pages in the Beginners guide.

Also, not directed at you, but I would like the Beginners Guide to re-open. It reduces these beginners threads, and some updates are needed.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to be a pain, but since I had a hazing problem here goes.
When I go on a forum I always read as many posts as possible whether I am new there or not. I believe people should do their own research first, then ask questions. I don't go on this forum every day and make a post asking what has been found. It is better to read first and then ask questions. Almost every question can be answered simply by reading older posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions