Coin Moving Equipment

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys was curious on how you all pick up your coins, I have just been lugging them into and out of the banks and its a little bit of a pain to me and i'm sure much more of a pain to the poor girls that get the boxes for me. I was wondering how you guys move coins. Do you use a dolly or cart of some sorts for deliveries and pickups? If so where would be a good place to buy a nice one? I don't think a full sized dolly will fit into my cars trunk so trying to hear all options on the subject. I would need something to carry 4-8k in halves at once if possible.

Upvote 0

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a flimsy Chinese made 110lb dolly. I put 84lbs on it and it wouldn't even lift off the ground. The plastic supports broke instantly :sadsmiley: So I hit up craigslist and found one of those 2 wheel dollies convertible to a 4 wheel cart. (like FloridaFinder) The guy delivered it to me at work. Got it for $20. I love it! Use it as a cart for dumping (bags). Use the dolly for picking up boxes.

OO

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info!! The main bank i pick up from has no dolly on site. I usually only carry 2 boxes at a time, since they are so awkward for the size to weight aspect and figured better safe than seeing halves roll all over the parking lot.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
No dolly on site? I really doubt that and think they are trying to hide it from you, as most banks get large shipments of cents in for business related transactions, it would be hard, if not impossible for a teller to lift as little as 4 boxes of cents.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No dolly on site? I really doubt that and think they are trying to hide it from you, as most banks get large shipments of cents in for business related transactions, it would be hard, if not impossible for a teller to lift as little as 4 boxes of cents.

Sorry 50, I don't doubt it at all. Before I got the cart I'm using now 2 of my pickup banks that I have been with for years and years had no cart. In fact the tellers would help me carry the boxes to my truck. Believe me they would have used a cart if there was one. All the coin that comes into the bank is carried or wheeled in by customers, merchants or coin delivery carriers that use their own means of transport. Tellers are on the clock...if they have to move coin it will be one box at a time.:laughing7:They are there for 8 hours and from what I have seen, they have a lot of down time. Just sayin.

HH,
Big Fat

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prediction:

Digesting A Common Clad just hires an armored car delivery service to pick them up and deliver them to his house, and take them away. No carts necessary.

I heard he's working on a conveyor belt system to speed up the searching.

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah 50, i wish it wasn't true about them having no dolly/cart. Trust me if they did they would have used it by now. Brinks dolly's it in for them and puts it in their vault, and they hand them over the counter to me 1 box at a time lol. Just don't want them to get worn out and stop ordering for me so figured i can ease the tension with a small purchase of a dolly =)

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prediction:

Digesting A Common Clad just hires an armored car delivery service to pick them up and deliver them to his house, and take them away. No carts necessary.

I heard he's working on a conveyor belt system to speed up the searching.

He doesn't just waive his hand over the box and know instantly?

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Harbor freight small moving dolly, also harbor freight handle for said dolly. find a pop crate and screw down on it. BTW this lil baby is on its second pop crate and has moved several million dollars in coin over the last 6 years without a hitch. HH Mark
DSCN1375.jpg

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
This us what I use, it was in someone's trash at the curb, brand new. I just take this postal bin with me, people think I'm there to get the mail, lol, it says on it 60 lbs, but I have loaded it with 6 boxes plenty of times and had to let it drop off the curb out front, no problems yet in 5 months.

FRAKTA Cart - IKEA

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish i could use something like that cart Silver Stripe, but unfortunately a few of my banks have many steps in front of the building going up to the doors, not sure if i could get it down the stairs loaded up with those tiny wheels. Just realizing that few of my banks don't have wheelchair ramps lol hmmmm

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure, i will look next time i hit up the bank to see.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Odds are its a small bank, in a small town, with some historical clause, its not worth 'bringing it up'. This is because most banks are greedy, and they would rather just shut the branch down instead of buying a hand-cap accessible system

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handicapped people have access to other banks, not like they HAVE to use every one.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is my coin transportation.
161448-1-3_5_ton_gasoline_lpg_forklift_truck.jpg
The $100,000 coin skid fits in the bed of my truck just perfectly.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you must have replaced the wheels with the one in the pick in the back ground.
We call that a monster dolly
This is the same kind I use I bust them all the time homedepot replaces them all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread