Feb 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm planning on coin hunting pretty soon so I was doing some research on the coins and I found close to nothing on the one dollar coins and I doubt it's because no one's tried them. Wikipedia says that it doesn't have any gold or silver in it by composition so I thought that was why but I checked the half dollar coins and it said the same thing. Am I missing something, or have people really just not tried them?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Always ask for big dollar coins. Who knows might get a morgan or something sweet. Some here have had luck having their banks order them bags of Ikes, and anything could be in those as well. If you find a bank branch to order for you and can figure out how to get rid of dumps, go for it. Some here have sold clad ikes for a premium on craigslist.

OP
OP
T
Feb 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much silver are in the Ikes? I have two of them but I cant find the mint symbol...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://cointrackers.com/Eisenhower-Dollar.php

That web address was literally the second result on google when I searched" ike dollars silver" I really don't want to sound rude, but do a little work and you will find the answers you are looking for.. Good luck on your hunting..

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that the shiny ones are worth much! I'd hold on to them ;)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

skanaman

Apr 24, 2011
I recently took $97 of Ikes off of someone's hands for face value. I know they are not 40% silver, but are they worth anything above face?

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently took $97 of Ikes off of someone's hands for face value. I know they are not 40% silver, but are they worth anything above face?

Not unless you can find a buyer.

There's people who have had luck selling them above face to individuals, most coin/bullion shops will roll their eyes at you if you take it in to them. Try eBay or Craigslist if you want. Myself I just dump them if they aren't silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions