What is better Boxes or wild rolls?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If by wild you mean customer wrapped rolls. I'd do both. Order your boxes regularly and ask for cwr every time

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pretty much stick to Half Dollars. Most people I hear of hitting big rolls are hitting on Half Dollar rolls in the wild. Would I be better off getting those over boxes, in addition to boxes, or just hit boxes?

Neither should be construed as better than the other. Both MWR and CWR can go through the same awesome runs and skunk streaks. Twice in one week, I hit sold CWR rolls. I've searched $1850 since in CWR from 22 banks and found zilch. As Thorne suggested, hit them both. This is a law of numbers - more you do, more you have the potential to find.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would search CWRs over boxes, so long as the CWRs were not obvious dumps. That said, true CWRs of halves are few and far between, so I search any halves I can get (loose, CWR, MWRs, boxes).

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can say for certain and it definitely depends on your area.. Boxes are obviously the best in my area because there are so many sniping tellers now..

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWR, if the number of rolls is small. I once bought 7 rolls, 3 or 4 were solid 40%. Overall, I have found CWR to be at least 10 times as productive as boxes.

Large numbers of CWR are probably dumps. But even in that case I would buy some of them and check them in the car just in case. You could leave behind a once in a lifetime find if you don't check.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
CWR, if the number of rolls is small. I once bought 7 rolls, 3 or 4 were solid 40%. Overall, I have found CWR to be at least 10 times as productive as boxes.

Large numbers of CWR are probably dumps. But even in that case I would buy some of them and check them in the car just in case. You could leave behind a once in a lifetime find if you don't check.

I guess the old "buy them all" advice went right over someone's head. That find of a lifetime could be still sitting right there inside of the bank in a couple of rolls that the guy checking through a few rolls of dumps in the parking lot is missing. Not all large numbers of CWR are just dumps, sometimes very good rolls are mixed in with them and you only know it if you buy them all.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the old "buy them all" advice went right over someone's head. That find of a lifetime could be still sitting right there inside of the bank in a couple of rolls that the guy checking through a few rolls of dumps in the parking lot is missing. Not all large numbers of CWR are just dumps, sometimes very good rolls are mixed in with them and you only know it if you buy them all.

Would you like for me to give you the name and address of a bank which will gladly sell you $3000 in Kennedy halves every week?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think rolls if you can get them! Or 50 to 60 boxes a week the more you do the more you find! Or do it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread