Am I the only one?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's very interesting. I've been in IT for almost 17 years now doing everything but programming, but way back when had my schooling in Electronics repair. I could maintain it myself. But I know there is still a lot of factors to consider, like market saturation, ROI, maintenance costs, etc. I might have to do some research.

bigmike0377

Feb 8, 2013
I have done a lot of the research already. Market saturation is your largest factor. Coinstar has a large saturation in most market areas plus many banks offer then at no cost. But like I said the closest one to me (including banks) is about a 45 minute drive. Prime area for this service.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am actually unemployed at the moment, I have thought of trying that out. Does anyone know what most banks what on your resume?

I would not send a resume to a bank unless you are applying to work at a cooperate level (marketing, finance, VP, ect) I do not send resume's to anyone unless it is of a professional nature. Retail jobs, and basically anything that pays under $10 an hour, do not receive or deserve a resume. They get a nice letter, education history, mention of relevant jobs. Truth be told, they will not higher you if you are over-qualified, and will see it as suspicious.

As for working as a teller, it simply is not worth the risk in my opinion, you need to deal with other tellers and we all know how that can be. You don't wanna cross over to the darkside homeslice, tellers are not your friend as you surely know. You need to worry about robberies, sick people, the people who come in and talk about their TV bill, and of course the worst of the worse: MEANING the people who go to banks, to deposit money, and to pickup their supply of checks---- they then use these checks, to pay for things at the grocery store instead of cash or debit cards, and hold people up. Also, if its a you need to be certain you balance your cash to the cent, I've known tellas who've been fired for being short/over, probably from swapping coins around.

It might be worth a shot as a part time job, but do not take it seriously. When you begin to realize it ain't worth it, bring donuts to to work, a coffee machine, and don't be afraid to pull a chair up, if it helps you work faster, and maybe even a space heater.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes just as i thought of working at mcdonalds for the chances of free food LOLZ, nah I wouldn't want to work at a bank to be honest.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that's the thing. I'm good at math, have a masters, and have had cash handling and customer experience before and i'm pretty damn good at it. I'd love to just do some part time summer work, but I doubt a bank's business model would flow like that.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's kind of funny that a couple weeks ago I also looked into purchasing a coin star like machine.... clearly many of us I think the same way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread