Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'll ever break into my hunting money. Gotta hunt to live! ;-)

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. . . Anyone think its a good idea if it keeps dropping, to take some money out of the CRH fund, and put it into the Ag investments?

Only if diverting the CRH swing doesn't interfere with the volume of finds.

Sure Ag spot might be lower than it was a while back, but you'll never beat buying it at face value.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LooseChange said:
Only if diverting the CRH swing doesn't interfere with the volume of finds.

Sure Ag spot might be lower than it was a while back, but you'll never beat buying it at face value.

Well said.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got some silver 6 rolls of dimes 2 rolls of halfs all under spot. And did a trade for some more. Its a good deal now i think?? Time will tell.......

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Lead has actually gone up:

GraphEngine.ashx

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dive ! Dive ! Yellow-submarine.gif

Untitledsw.jpg

Last edited:

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will rise again from the ashes. My uneducated guess for the dip... The Fed has just found a way to print gold and silver out of thin air :P

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good when it goes up and down

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't find any locally because we all buy on the dips.

Yep, this is exactly right.

Yes, "paper silver" is cheap right now, but what that chart doesn't show is how much physical silver costs. In general, whenever silver prices drop like this, the premiums on things rise so even though the paper price is $30/oz, you still end up paying $33/oz when you buy actual bars/rounds/coins. The spot price is a convenient yardstick but it fails to accurately represent how much actual silver costs and is instead based on just trading paper.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive said it over and over...I have no plans cashing in anything right now, I would love to see it drop to 2008 prices again.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive said it over and over...I have no plans cashing in anything right now, I would love to see it drop to 2008 prices again.

I'm more in line with 1992 prices, at least for 2 years,
and hope premiums drop fast :icon_thumright:

price-history-1990-1999.gif

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this is wrong IMO. It is the 3rd Friday of the month, the current futures contract is settling today and people are closing paper positions. It will shoot up $1 per ounce some point next week. It almost always has volitility on the 3rd Friday of each month especially if it is triple witching, meaning month close, quarter close and year close. I believe. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this is wrong IMO. It is the 3rd Friday of the month, the current futures contract is settling today and people are closing paper positions. It will shoot up $1 per ounce some point next week. It almost always has volitility on the 3rd Friday of each month especially if it is triple witching, meaning month close, quarter close and year close. I believe. HH

Yes I don't expect anything major to happen with silver any time soon'

I believe it's in the $30's for the year
with maybe just short Dives & jumps
in between

Last edited:

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, this is exactly right.

Yes, "paper silver" is cheap right now, but what that chart doesn't show is how much physical silver costs. In general, whenever silver prices drop like this, the premiums on things rise so even though the paper price is $30/oz, you still end up paying $33/oz when you buy actual bars/rounds/coins. The spot price is a convenient yardstick but it fails to accurately represent how much actual silver costs and is instead based on just trading paper.

Absolutely right.. I checked several online brokers for 90% bags. I settled on Apmex Thursday when spot was 30.41 and with shipping and my banks wire fee I ended up paying 32.47 per oz..

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I am noting on WSJ is that big company mergers are pushing the dow up significantly. Berkshire Hathaway just bought Heinz, therefore silver goes down. This is the silly world we live in; ketchup making silver drop :P

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I am noting on WSJ is that big company mergers are pushing the dow up significantly. Berkshire Hathaway just bought Heinz, therefore silver goes down. This is the silly world we live in; ketchup making silver drop :P
Makes total sense, silver is essentially worthless to joe anybody unless they use it industrially, its usefulness is Zero unless for investment purposes which I highly recommend electronic silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread