Our silver finds money in the bank!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year i found 921.8oz and i have all of it. I did sell i little but replaced it 3 times over. If we had to buy the same amount that we find?? Theres no way. I found over 100oz this year allready. And my boxes count is down a little bit. Even silver at $30 per oz is pretty good for 50 cents per half. What am trying to say is i think every one just keep some silver every week. Its like money in the bank!!:coinbag::coinbag::coinbag:

Upvote 0

jpuck

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to keep all of the silver that I find. I started buying silver last year and have about $600 worth. Then I found it was a cheaper (and more fun) to hunt for it. $1000 of 50 cent coins down and about 2.2 ounces of silver so far. My goal is for at least 50 ounces by Dec 31!!!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim I was wondering what do you do with you're 40% halves?

Ive been thinking about trying to trade them for 90%ers, or sell them and buy 90%s. dont know if its worth the hassle or not, im just partial to the 90%ers. But for you id imagine all you're 40%ers gotta take up a bunch of space

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found it's cheaper for me to buy it, and a lot less running around for a little bit. I still love the hunt.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TimZim I was wondering what do you do with you're 40% halves?

Ive been thinking about trying to trade them for 90%ers, or sell them and buy 90%s. dont know if its worth the hassle or not, im just partial to the 90%ers. But for you id imagine all you're 40%ers gotta take up a bunch of space

He sold 4000 of them for $5 a piece last year I think. You usually lose a lot in 40% trades and sales, as they are undesirable.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt for all my Silver but, this year I have decided to just start buying a couple of Silver Quarters every week, so far so good, My goal is to have 150 Silver Quarters by the end of this year, can't really find them in the wild anymore, so I buy them and a few Dimes here and there. Halves, I will never buy, only search for those. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He sold 4000 of them for $5 a piece last year I think. You usually lose a lot in 40% trades and sales, as they are undesirable.
I did sell 1000 at $5 each. I buy them all the time if i get a good deal. I have 4000 of them right now. I find about 1000 every 3 to 4 months. I like 90% better. I am still thinking of trading them for a monster box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread