Two Silver Roosies and The End of an Era...

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon Fellow Hunters,

I went to one of my best producing banks today to pick a box of dimes they were saving for me. As I was there being helped by the vault teller, two different people were cleaning out their safe deposit boxes for good. I asked the teller what was going on and she said that the branch was closing!!! It's a big name bank with lots of different branches in the area, but this one was pretty special. Amazing customer service (they would call me with info about stuff I could pick up). Also, they always had lots and lots of good CWRs of dimes and quarters from local schools and small businesses. So much so, that they would sell me two and three boxes full of CWRs at a time! And the kicker of it was that every box always had at least one silver coin in it over the entire last year!!! That's right, I had a bank that had not skunked me on a single trip in a year on dimes or quarters! Can anyone else say that? They said the reason they are closing is because they are not getting enough foot traffic to justify keeping the branch open. ??? Did I mention this was also the closest bank to my house? Damn, I'm bummed. Is there no justice in this world?

True to form, "Old Reliable" did produce for me in my trip to visit her today. A single box of CWRs of dimes produced two silver Roosies ('64 & '61). She's only gonna be open for one more week, and I'm gonna try and go on a legendary run during that week. But, man, what a kick in the crotch that news was today. Tough times, tough times.:BangHead:

Anyway, have a peek at the Roosies below to get your daily fix and join me in mourning the loss of one of the great branches, where CRHing was prolific and encouraged. :hello:

dimes.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks... I recommend building a good relationship with the next closest branch, or even the closest (Separate) bank to there.. Those CWRs gotta go somewhere..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Find out where they are transferring your friends there to and start using that branch. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions