Granny stash!!!

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Ok so I was telling my uncle about coin roll hunting yesterday.. I was telling him about mercury dimes, barber dimes, and old silver quarters and stuff like that.. Then I showed him some from my collection.. And he says.. "You're going to be mad at me!" (My great grandma past away in 2007) "when grandma past away, I took her piggy bank and bought cokes!" Long story short, there were over 20 mercs, over 10 Rosie's, close to 10 Washington silver quarters, and a few indian head pennies in that piggy bank!!! :(
Kicking myself in the face!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over $120 worth of coins for some cokes seems a bit steep for me.did he know they were silver when he spent them?

My grandma says she has a few silver kennedy halves and a few walkers for me shes just gotta find em! Hopefully she or my cousins didn't spend them

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
theekman said:
Over $120 worth of coins for some cokes seems a bit steep for me.did he know they were silver when he spent them?

My grandma says she has a few silver kennedy halves and a few walkers for me shes just gotta find em! Hopefully she or my cousins didn't spend them

Ya I can't be too mad, he didn't know.. But still it was a big waste!!!
I live with my grandma, and she gave me 3 mercs, 2 Rosie's, and a 40% half.. But I'd be excited if I were you with all those 90% halfs coming your way!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least you uncle probably made a happy cashier once upon a time.

Yeah ill post some pics if we ever find them, she also said something about my grandpa saved some old dollar coins but I'm not sure if shes getting those confused with the halves because my mom doesn't remember ever seeing dollar coins. That would be nice tho we shall see.

Least you got something though. Thats like a good day if you were hunting

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
theekman said:
Well at least you uncle probably made a happy cashier once upon a time.

Yeah ill post some pics if we ever find them, she also said something about my grandpa saved some old dollar coins but I'm not sure if shes getting those confused with the halves because my mom doesn't remember ever seeing dollar coins. That would be nice tho we shall see.

Least you got something though. Thats like a good day if you were hunting

Oh ya! I'll take that any day!
And heck yeah! Post those pics when you get em! Hopefully she'll have some Morgans for you! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread