Morning Silver

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
On my way home from Walmart, the opposite side of town, today I decided I would stop at the banks on my way back looking for some halves & CWRs. At the last one, I used the last of my cash to buy as many halves as I could (I found out later they had about $1,000). To my surprise, I found a beautiful 1941 Walking Liberty half which also happens to be my first silver!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130215_215156.png
    ForumRunner_20130215_215156.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 237
  • ForumRunner_20130215_215428.png
    ForumRunner_20130215_215428.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I found out today that someone else came up and grabbed the other full box up there and went through them and apparently dropped them back off. At least that's what the tellers told me. They know I search through them, of course and so they gave me the heads up and said they didn't want me to waist my time. My question is: Is it worth the time to search through the halves this other guy already searched?

Also, by my count, someone else got $40 out of the box I was searching through. :BangHead: Oh well, I still have $100 to search today. Hopefully I get another Walking Liberty!

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
And all searched. Again, no luck except about 6 NIFC total and the initial Walking Liberty.

Any advice on the supposedly searched halves mentioned above? I suppose my instinct is to keep plugging away to see if he missed anything and/or double check that he was actually searching.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy them just because i have picked up known dumps before and still found a straggler or two. I bet the question in your head right now is "I wonder how many silver halves that guy found in the 500?" lol. Since the tellers seemed nice you may want to pick up the halves just to dump elsewhere to help them out, build some relationship with them and maybe they will call you next time they get some in =)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Any advice on the supposedly searched halves mentioned above? I suppose my instinct is to keep plugging away to see if he missed anything and/or double check that he was actually searching.

Take them, a teller wants to get rid of halves, so she will be happy you take them. Re-search them, since a new hunter could have missed silver too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread