Where do you get Kennedy halves?!

CRDigger

Greenie
Aug 11, 2006
Upstate, New York
I'm rather new to coin roll hunting, and I decided to try my luck with Kennedy Halves. Only problem was, every bank I called said they aren't allowed to order boxes! I can't get them anywhere! What banks are you all going to, and was it hard finding a bank that would allow you to order Kennedy Halves? Hope you all have some ideas, because I feel skunked even before I started searching rolls! Happy hunting!

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRDigger said:
...What banks are you all going to...
Not hard at all out here. right now I am using bank of america to buy my halves. Seems they always have at least one box in the vault. I have been a customer since the late 80s but they do not ask if I have an account when I bring in cash.

I am sure they order boxes, how do they get their coins?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten halves from various banks, but I have only ordered boxes from banks from which I have an account. Unfortunately, to date it is also the only bank from which I have had little to no success at finding silver. I am hoping it is just bad luck. I also will probably try ordering thruogh my credit union instead soon, though they mentioned there may be a fee for Half dollars. They weren't sure since they had never ordered halves before. I need to get the fee concept straightened up before I will order them though just to make sure it is worth it. I'll probably try it once anyways just to test the waters, even though I am opposed to paying a fee in general and never have to this point.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I've had a few of the branches tell me they don't carry them at all. They usually refer me to their main branch here in town which does keep a stock on hand. My Credit union orders them for me, so thats an avenue to try also. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread