Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week on my pickups, I saw a new teller(pretty girl) at my main pickup branch, she was asking me about the halves(4 boxes) etc, I tried to keep it lowkey and just say about error coins and mis-strikes etc... nothing about silver...

Well the next day I got to a new branch which I just ordered from, and there is this pretty girl again!?!?! I was talking with her while they went to get my order, and she says she works within a certain region, and goes wherever branch they need her... She said jokingly(although pretty truthfully IMHO) about seeing me around at other branches as well...

Im maybe a little worried she will see me at other branches, and mention to others how im buying halves from nearly every branch within 20 miles? Any real cause for concern with that?

I dont really know what else to do but keep moving forward, be polite, and not give much away

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're too paranoid, some part time tellers are assigned to different branches depending on how many tellers that branch needs, I've seen the same teller at 3 different branches of one bank and then a month later, in 2 branches of a totally different bank...(he quit the other bank for better pay at another)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You should get her number and ask her out. After you develop a relationship, employ her as a silver-sniping teller. She can siphon the silver at all the branches in the radius.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not a terrible idea! haha

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry, if they think your ordering is a problem they will start charging fees or stop ordering halves. You should look for other banks to order from

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I had a Manager at BOA demand that I start using coin lock bags which were taking almost a week to credit into my account so I tried to keep bringing rolls in. When one of her Tellers saw me giving a box of candy to a Teller at a different branch the hammer fell. The Manager refused to take any more of my rolls and then she called around to the other banks asking them about my account which I was only using to dump at except for one branch where I was getting dimes and nickels at their drive-up. I had never dumped at this branch because I did pickup there. When I had a talk with the Manager she jumped all over me about how I had ordered a box of halves from that one branch. She called around and had me shut off at one of my other main dump branches at least 20 miles from her bank but most of the other branches didn't listen to her or told me I could still do what I had been doing. I started depositing some of what I brought for a while and I have even gone and dumped at the other bank since but not hers. The only bank that I stay away from is the one with the Manager from down below.
The funny thing to is that the Teller who told her about me giving candy to the other Teller has worked in other banks that I do go to and she has helped me and taken my rolls and been real nice to us. I had just started giving out candy to all of my dump banks besides my pick-ups and would have given them a box next.

Last edited:

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Manager at BOA demand that I start using coin lock bags which were taking almost a week to credit into my account so I tried to keep bringing rolls in. When one of her Tellers saw me giving a box of candy to a Teller at a different branch the hammer fell. The Manager refused to take any more of my rolls and then she called around to the other banks asking them about my account which I was only using to dump at except for one branch where I was getting dimes and nickels at their drive-up. I had never dumped at this branch because I did pickup there. When I had a talk with the Manager she jumped all over me about how I had ordered a box of halves from that one branch. She called around and had me shut off at one of my other main dump branches at least 20 miles from her bank but most of the other branches didn't listen to her or told me I could still do what I had been doing. I started depositing some of what I brought for a while and I have even gone and dumped at the other bank since but not hers. The only bank that I stay away from is the one with the Manager from down below.
The funny thing to is that the Teller who told her about me giving candy to the other Teller has worked in other banks that I do go to and she has helped me and taken my rolls and been real nice to us. I had just started giving out candy to all of my dump banks besides my pick-ups and would have given them a box next.

Moral of the story, bring enough for everyone or none at all. Haters going to hate. HH

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get her number and ask her out. After you develop a relationship, employ her as a silver-sniping teller. She can siphon the silver at all the branches in the radius.

Not sure if i would go the dating route or just be super nice to her and plant the seed that you really like getting customer wrapped stuff over ordered boxes, but they are much harder to find. If you date her you have to keep dating her, no use in opening Pandora's box if you don't have too. Could turn your silver sniper into just a sniper shooting you down all over.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if i would go the dating route or just be super nice to her and plant the seed that you really like getting customer wrapped stuff over ordered boxes, but they are much harder to find. If you date her you have to keep dating her, no use in opening Pandora's box if you don't have too. Could turn your silver sniper into just a sniper shooting you down all over.
Or it could progress into something horribly worse, like what happened to me. Just kidding, it's all good. The free silver part that is.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Infowarrior you gots to pay her off......its hard to have a relationship with a teller cause you can't trust a teller. Just slide her a Hamilton, and say, "don't mention *cough* how I order halves from the other banks----a secret between me and you"

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dont let her fool you she wants the candy too!!!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing worse than a woman scorned

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minkybodl said:

I would be concerned about the phone calls to the other branches. Account information is supposed to be confidential and this manager may need a reminder of that.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am in the same kinda situation too Info, I order from every branch that is around me and further away, I got kinda caught when another teller from another branch was at the branch I was picking up from that day, I order 4 from her branch and 6 from the one she was at when I was picking up, she said "You order here too?" I just told her that I did it because I didn't want to over burden her with my orders, so I ordered some from there too. I don't know what would happen if they all got together and figured out I was ordering from all the local branches around each other, but I've got away with it for over a year now. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah no kidding mav... Good excuse, and for me atleast that is the truth... Theres 2 branches that I order 4 bx from each week, and others I am just starting, so usually ill try a branch out at 2 boxes, then move it up after a month or 2 of orders...Although one of my new ones I went for it and asked to order the full 4 boxes, guess well see what happens...

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy hit it right on the head. There are tellers that travel from branch to branch to cover vacations, training days, and sick days of other tellers. It is a common practice. They are not spies sent in to look for bad customers. Sometimes we as a group can get way too paranoid.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilmington, I wasnt saying she was a spy, or an alien, or anything like that...

But you would think, standing around for 8 hours, theres not much more to talk about, except that guy who came in for the halves earlier, who also gets halves from other branches nearby...

I mean have you ever been around younger girls? All they can do is gossip lol.. specially in a bank, what the hell else is there to do but talk?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yah no kidding mav... Good excuse, and for me atleast that is the truth... Theres 2 branches that I order 4 bx from each week, and others I am just starting, so usually ill try a branch out at 2 boxes, then move it up after a month or 2 of orders...Although one of my new ones I went for it and asked to order the full 4 boxes, guess well see what happens...

Ya, I started most of my branches out at 2 boxes, I have one that I just started ordering from and just went with 4 boxes right from the get go and she said no problem, I've done 3 orders from her and asked again if it was ok to keep doing it, she said it was fine as long as she had to oreder that week anyway it didn't matter. HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My weirdest experience wasn't seeing a teller at a different branch of the same bank, which happens all the time for me.. My most ridiculous experience was seeing a teller that quit one local bank near me and got hired at another major bank about 15 miles away, only to realize that I was ordering from there too.. All I can say is her face was completely priceless when I walked through that door the first time....lol..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread