AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
If you are getting viruses than it is not the PC's fault, its yours.

Download those programs I mentioned, install them and run them. I will make it easy for you.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org

Overview | Spybot © ? - Search & Destroy <=- Spybot Search and Destroy

avast! Free Antivirus | Download Antivirus Protection Software

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Ad-Aware Free Antivirus and Free Antispyware software download. - Lavasoft

Download and install. Run Spybot, update, immunize your system, it will protect you from tens of thousands of spyware, malware etc.

Now... stop opening Emails from people unless you are specifically expecting the email from them.

This obviously isnt meant for you since you said you now own a mac but this will help others.

I appreciate the help dude, but like I said, I have never once had a problem with my Mac at any point.. It is simply a convenience for people who aren't completely computer savy.. I Didn't ever have to Install or maintain any anti-virus programs like norton.. Never opened any weird emails or anything either.. Also I am a musician and use Logic Studio so that is a big reason as well.. Either way I'm done back to coin discussions..

Tylertut

Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A computer is much like a house, you need to properly maintain it and secure it.

If you run Mozilla Fire Fox browser

Adaware, Spybot Search and destroy, Malware bytes and Avast Free anti virus software. You should never have a problem getting viruses. Your computer is basically locked down from those things because spybot fixes known problems with you browser ( doesnt work with chrome ) and avast will stop you from going to know sites with dangerous content while scanning every thing you download as well.

All free software on a computer that costs fractions what a Mac costs and is faster and can run more programs.

Whats better is I can upgrade my system as I see fit. Right now I could really use a newer graphics card for the newer games coming out and a new power supply. With apple that means buying a whole new computer, for me that means buying the parts I need and spending the 5-10 minutes to install them. Combined the top of the line video card and a power supply to support it would run me between $500-$700, whats a new mac run these days? $3,000 on the low end and my computer would still smash it in most all areas.

Sadly, I cant condone buying a new graphics card so it wont be happening any time soon :D

All of what is said here is spot on and very very good advice. I own both PC and Mac and both have their advantages. My Mac has much more ease of use and suits me better, especially when working with my graphic heavy programs. My PC has its uses, but for me I just prefer Macs. Also, they start at $600. $3000 will get you a high end Mac Pro with a 3.3GHz 6 core Xeon, 8GB RAM, 1TB storage, and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB DDR5. All this plus a great OS to boot is what you would get with $3000, which is the high end of the Mac spectrum.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i have used PC's for years ...Now i have a iMac i wish i would have bought a Apple iMac years ago...great computers...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are getting viruses than it is not the PC's fault, its yours.

Download those programs I mentioned, install them and run them. I will make it easy for you.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org

Overview | Spybot © ? - Search & Destroy <=- Spybot Search and Destroy

avast! Free Antivirus | Download Antivirus Protection Software

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Ad-Aware Free Antivirus and Free Antispyware software download. - Lavasoft

Download and install. Run Spybot, update, immunize your system, it will protect you from tens of thousands of spyware, malware etc.

Now... stop opening Emails from people unless you are specifically expecting the email from them.

This obviously isnt meant for you since you said you now own a mac but this will help others.

Great advice, I use Firefox, and Spybot, but AVG for anti-virus.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On topic: looking forward to pics of that hoard!

On mac vs PC: the reason macs don't generally get viruses is that viruses are meant to target the masses and the important -- macs are generally used by neither. Also, it's literally impossible to buy a mac more powerful than my PC, and you'd spend thousands more trying to get close.

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim has a very busy schedule, I am sure he will share his pictures with us, it's just a matter of when. There's no rush!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said theres no rush??

Its only been 3 months, hahah :)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
dang, infowarrior, I could of swore, this was posted a week ago. time goes too quickly, weeks go like months. :censored: 3 months, dang Timzim. it probably was a mac, hence the massive delay.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang, infowarrior, I could of swore, this was posted a week ago. time goes too quickly, weeks go like months. :censored: 3 months, dang Timzim. it probably was a mac, hence the massive delay.

Im not specifically talking about this thread... hes been saying on his weekly updates since the end of last year :P

Its all good, I know he is busy, just making a joke on my observations :)

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hooked up we have to call to get my email hooked up again. Then we can post pics...I have been sick off and on for 4 weeks now I hirt my back picking up a 50lb bag of coins. Am going to ac to nite. I picked up 84.5 oz of silver last nite.I will post pics.. Very soon!! Theres some cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread