Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tylertut

Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang thats a great find! Lucky the cashier didn't take the peace dollars, I'm not sure how kroger is but i work part time at a grocery store and we have change dispensers at the end of the checkouts with clear plastic pieces in front so you can see all the rims of the coins, ive found a bunch of dimes and a few quarters and nickels. I just ask the ladies who work op front to swap it out for me.

We have to count change from the drawer ourselves. So you have to catch it when its coming in or going out to really see it. All this talk is making me want to ask to be a cashier now. Hopefully I won't lose too many hours.

I would crap myself if someone paid me with peace dollars or if I found them in my till at work. I still have yet to find silver in my till at work. Just wheaties and pre 60 nickels. Only once, a lady gave me a 63 Canadian dime. Nice find, especially since you didn't even have to be cashiering to find it!

I have a friend that works at walmart who has accumulated about $5 face silver canadian and about $3 american in only a couple months. There seems to be a silver vein here. Ive even collected quite a bit of it from the coinstar at work.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Wet the peace dollar- sprinkly on a little Arm and hammer baking soda and rub it a little with your fingers- not to hard- but since it came from circulation it's likely not going to hurt it- then rinse well.
That will clean the black tarnish of and make it shine like the glorious sun rays from her crown!
Then----show it to the teller that kept the Shiny ones!!! That would be funny- but might lose a source...
PEACE

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Wet the peace dollar- sprinkly on a little Arm and hammer baking soda and rub it a little with your fingers- not to hard- but since it came from circulation it's likely not going to hurt it- then rinse well.
That will clean the black tarnish of and make it shine like the glorious sun rays from her crown!
Then----show it to the teller that kept the Shiny ones!!! That would be funny- but might lose a source...
PEACE

Bad idea, it has a bit of numismatic value that would be lost. Not worth it.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I worked as a teller, and some little old lady comes to the bank with her late husbands coin collection, there is no way in hell I could give her face value, and live with myself later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread