First CRH Experience!

Zovers

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, today I received my tax refund and decided o use all six dollars ( yes that's $6.00 haha) of it to go coin roll hunting. I went to my local chase and picked up 12 rolls of pennies which I promptly took home and rifled through.

In the end I didn't find any pennies older than 1960, so no wheaties, but I did find 109 copper coins; including 3 Canadian cents! Tomorrow I am planning to go through the non-keepers again and check for flaws.

All-in-all I had a lot of fun and it was an experience that has me rearing to go for the next one ( I think it will be dimes ^_^ )!

Upvote 0

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennies are fun to do. I got lucky the other day, and got two whole rolls of wheats, and another with thirty whears in it, all out of ten dollars. Try nickels, I have my best luck with nickels. I have gotten four war nickels and a lot of 40's and 50's, and a few 30's even.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a hobby for the dedicated. I say keep plugging away at the "cents" if you only have 6$ to play with. Start saving pop bottles if ya have to. Keep going until you can get 25$ to start doing boxes. My first hunt was cent boxes. So much to be found in their. Welcome to the club.

OP
OP
Z

Zovers

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, coin rolls are something that i will have to save up for, being a college student I don't have much extra cash. haha plus I want to save up for a metal detector as well; so for the time being it looks like i will be sticking with pennies for CRH. :p

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Re-search those cents and look for the wide AMs.

1998 1999 2000 Wide AM's

They are visible with the naked eye, no problem. I had like 150 of them to search, it got tiring for my eyes, though.

Jdett411

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are wheats really worth anything more than 1¢?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melt alone they are worth 2.33 cents. And my lcs will give me I think 5 cents for 50's and more for older. Plus more if they are sanfran minted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread