$1 over spot silver bullion-Good Price???

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, I'll admit it. I was watching my youtube subscriptions and one of my favorite youtubers posted a website that had silver for only $1 over spot. Ummm, Dumb question but I am going to ask it. For everyone who buys silver around the US, is that a good deal. For me up here in michigan that is jawdroppingly good. My local coin shops offer buillion from everything from 3 to 5 dollars over spot. Ouch!! The website is Monarch Precious Metals if anyone is interested. also if you use the code "cut3" for the month of febuary it will take 3 bucks off your order.

(Mods- if posting this is against the rules, let me know. I will delete the website and post it in my visitor messages under my SN, just to be on the safe side)

Hugs and Smiles and silver bootie for everyone!,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ma'am, you need to look on craigslist, you can find silver for melt or less there if you are patient. Most people want melt and you can get all kinds of coins. Just be safe and meet in public. HH

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad, that's the cash discount price. If you buy 4 rounds add another $1.25 ea for S/H.
Buying mail order is easy, but you sometimes must wait weeks to receive your order.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
1 dollar over spot is not bad at all. I would never pay more than 2$ over spot though. Craigslist is pretty good most of the time but sometimes my area is dead but has its UPS an downs.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ma'am, you need to look on craigslist, you can find silver for melt or less there if you are patient. Most people want melt and you can get all kinds of coins. Just be safe and meet in public. HH
Sure wish i could find some for melt, and I've been watching for three years now.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been looking for over a year and all I have found here in northern michigan is people wanting to buy, not sell. Once a week, sometimes twice a week I look and I have seen the same ads still sitting there. And I don't care much for doing business like that. Even if I was to met near the police station its not too safe around here. and whose to say someone doesn't follow me home and where my disabled deaf mom is. I won't put that in danger for silver, even at spot.

Sincerely, Garoulady

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I payed $30 for a 95 ASE some teller got for $1 today. It's $1.17 over spot.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 weeks ago a guy had $100 face 40%ers for $4 a piece. I passed at the time, but that was below spot. HH

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put an ad on CL tonight saying that I would buy at 20 x face for silver and There is a guy that says he has 20 walking halves for $10 a piece. If that is true, and the deal takes place (at the front door of my dump bank), that will be under spot.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
1 dollar over spot is what I was normally paying when 10 oz sealed bars were selling from 8 to 20 a few years ago. I like bullion better than coins because it is 99.99 so when you sell it they just pay you whatever spot is on that day and there is no pulling out the calculator to figure what percentage of spot at 90% or 40%. I haven't bought back any bars since it went to almost 50 so I don't know what they are charging now locally, just depends on how much they have on hand but the sealed bars were the easiest silver to sell when silver went high the last time for me anyway. I think silver at 1 dollar over spot is good as long as you get it in your hand within a reasonable time. 1 oz silver rounds are also a good way to buy a little at a time and still get 99 silver but some place might only pay 1 dollar under spot when you try to sell saying they might have trouble moving it depending on what kind it is.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
1 dollar over spot is what I was normally paying when 10 oz sealed bars were selling from 8 to 20 a few years ago. I like bullion better than coins because it is 99.99 so when you sell it they just pay you whatever spot is on that day and there is no pulling out the calculator to figure what percentage of spot at 90% or 40%. I haven't bought back any bars since it went to almost 50 so I don't know what they are charging now locally, just depends on how much they have on hand but the sealed bars were the easiest silver to sell when silver went high the last time for me anyway. I think silver at 1 dollar over spot is good as long as you get it in your hand within a reasonable time. 1 oz silver rounds are also a good way to buy a little at a time and still get 99 silver but some place might only pay 1 dollar under spot when you try to sell saying they might have trouble moving it depending on what kind it is.

Who is "they"?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've been looking for over a year and all I have found here in northern michigan is people wanting to buy, not sell. Once a week, sometimes twice a week I look and I have seen the same ads still sitting there. And I don't care much for doing business like that. Even if I was to met near the police station its not too safe around here. and whose to say someone doesn't follow me home and where my disabled deaf mom is. I won't put that in danger for silver, even at spot.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Notwithstanding your other concerns, I would wonder how much the CL ads are buying for. Either they're paying spot or above, in which case it's a good market to sell, or they're paying below spot, which I suspect is the case. If you were so inclined, you could state in your ad how much you're willing to pay, and likely get plenty of sellers. All the CL ads I see for people buying don't list how much they'll pay.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Who is "they"?

"They" were a somewhat local coin/gold and silver shop in the town North of me where I had bought some of the 10 oz bars from. The local coin shop closest to me wanted to pay me 10 or 20 dollars less so I did have to drive a little for the better price. The LCS, a mom, pop, and son shop, is OK to buy from but for selling stuff he wants to pay less because he also uses the same place I went to if he doesn't want to keep it in his store.
Sorry about my vague pronoun usage.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area CL is loaded with ads from people looking to buy junk silver. Most of them are offering spot. If you were to offer a convenience, such as agreeing to meet at a place that is closer to the seller than to you, you probably would have no problem buying at spot, and you might get lucky and pay less.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

bad idea, people on craigslist are complete scum, in terms of precious metals, especially if you are selling. there are steel copies out there too, and you better bring a magnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions