6 penny rolls >> 12/29 (Paid to find wheat!)

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 rolls of pennies from BB&T yielded a lone 1946-D wheat. The other interesting coin is a 1975 cent coated in some type of translucent yellow or gold-colored plastic (or maybe some kind of resin). The reverse is totally covered, but the observe has a 5mm-dia circular area where the copper is exposed, apparantly through mechanical means rather than chemical.

Oddly enough, one roll had 59 cents in it! Not only did I find a 60-year-old wheatie, but I got paid 9 cents to find it!

BB&T was one of two banks I hit up today, and they treated me cordially. I asked to buy rolls of half dollars, and the teller replied that they had $2000 worth until someone came for them a few hours before I did. I think someone just picked up their four boxes.

The other bank, First Horizon, was quite rude to me when I asked to buy rolls of coins. The teller brought the manager over and they both told me "we don't sell any amount of coins to non-members", without first asking if I had an account!

Upvote 0
B

baseballbandits

B&&T has been good for me too. I dont have an account and they have been nice and helpful everytime. I searched a box of pennies last night and found a 1919, my oldest so far 8)

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
If I were treated that way by a bank where I had no account, I would tell them "Your attitude is why I don't want an account with your bank. I will not do business with assholes".

But then, I usually speak my mind when treated rudely like that.

Congrats on being paid to find 'wheat'.
;D

T

Texdon

baseballbandits said:
B&&T has been good for me too. I dont have an account and they have been nice and helpful everytime. I searched a box of pennies last night and found a 1919, my oldest so far 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread