Marked Half Dollars......Can you find yours?

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
20 boxes this week with 1-90 and 6-40's ouch! Well got bored with no Ag to speak of so just pulled some of the marked halves out and set them aside for your viewing pleasure.....anyone see any that look familiar.

HH
Big Fat

marked halves.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Big Fat Cheeseball

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Viewing pleasure!! Um no!!! More like seeing little punks putting graffiti on buildings

Perhaps you could lighten up a little...it was sarcasm. I don't like seeing it show up in boxes anymore then anyone does. The fact is that if you crh your going to see marked halves in every single box you get. That's just a negative part of the hobby and I don't see it going away anytime soon. It was just a pic of some of the marked halves in my boxes this week and when you see more then average marked halves in your boxes, we all know its not going to be pretty.

Big Fat

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, none of mine. I like seeing what marks people get in there boxes, it's allways cool to see if you have ever recieved some of the same. HH, Maverick.

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Just looking at all of the various marks....you must be in the Chicago Fed District. There are more coin searchers in that district than any other..Am I right??:laughing7:.

Hope next week is better. My week stunk as well.....JJ
20 boxes this week with 1-90 and 6-40's ouch! Well got bored with no Ag to speak of so just pulled some of the marked halves out and set them aside for your viewing pleasure.....anyone see any that look familiar.

HH
Big Fat

View attachment 746242

OP
OP
Big Fat Cheeseball

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just looking at all of the various marks....you must be in the Chicago Fed District. There are more coin searchers in that district than any other..Am I right??:laughing7:.

Hope next week is better. My week stunk as well.....JJ

Hope you have a better week too JJ. Fed District 4, Cleveland. Close but no cigar.:laughing7:

Good Luck this week!

HH
Big Fat

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a ton with a little red dot on them, but i don't mark coins. I enjoy living in the dark about how many times i have already looked through the coins, and feel if i saw my own mark a ton it would deter myself from looking lol.

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
Just wondering. Do you guys mark for fun to see if you get the same ones or do you stop searching a box after you see a marked one?

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My week was awful too, only (10) 40% in about 15 boxes. I don't remember seeing any of those marks besides the pink/red paint, and I don't mark halves so none of them are mine. I do see a lot of marked halves, though. The marks are more lazy, usually just "God" blacked out with a Sharpie, or a black, purple, or blue line across one or both sides of the half, or orange spray paint, or burned halves...

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of my old ones in there, 5 and 7 down second row from the left. "m" and "33" or "23". Second time Iv seen my marks on here. Cleveland, 3 hours from me.
Never had much luck up there when I visit mom, got 6 boxes twice, loomis I think, all skunks.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
The one on the bottom right is from the SF district. I have seen quite a few in this area.

HH
65GT350

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The one with the line thru the eagle. I have have only marked about 3 hundred dollars in halves through out two years. I live in Ohio.

OP
OP
Big Fat Cheeseball

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree! LOL! I'm in Ohio too! I think I have gotten all $300! Haha
The one with the line thru the eagle. I have have only marked about 3 hundred dollars in halves through out two years. I live in Ohio.

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Did you find my marked coins in brinks boxes. I am guessing that because I have found my mark in brinks and have also seen a truck a the bank I dump my halves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread