Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. This is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if Iscrew it up. Anyways, I am pretty new to CRHing. My son got me started on it. Usually we try to get our silver by metal detecting, but the gound here in Michigan is frozen as hard as concrete! So we have been CRHing a little. I usually stop at the bank in our little town and see if they have any halfs. We have done about $150 so far. We scored yesterday and I am still pumped. I just wanted to share it...

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha ha.. saw your video on youtube last night. Nice cull! Read the post for beginners. HH

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys. This is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if Iscrew it up. Anyways, I am pretty new to CRHing. My son got me started on it. Usually we try to get our silver by metal detecting, but the gound here in Michigan is frozen as hard as concrete! So we have been CRHing a little. I usually stop at the bank in our little town and see if they have any halfs. We have done about $150 so far. We scored yesterday and I am still pumped. I just wanted to share it...
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kPMPeVYcik

Nice!! I saw the video a couple days ago. Nice to see that you've joined Treasure Net!

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the sons reaction when he opened his. Welcome to the world of clad son

:icon_thumleft:

Father's don't let your sons grow up to be CRH'ers..

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the sons reaction when he opened his. Welcome to the world of clad son

:icon_thumleft:

Father's don't let your sons grow up to be CRH'ers..

Haha. Hey a fellow Willie and Waylon fan lol??

Guns Blazing

Jan 23, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1964 is 90% silver
1965-1970 is 40% silver.

Congrats on the solid roll.
Btw, you don't have to look at every date, if you look at the edge of the coins, the silver ones will be white/silver color, the clad will have the infamous reddish color to the rim.

HH

jd750707

Mar 4, 2013
SW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
When my son was younger we use to do it all the time together, being a teenager now he has other interests (girls)... So enjoy it while you can, it leaves lasting memories for sure...

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info and the tip!

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my son was younger we use to do it all the time together, being a teenager now he has other interests (girls)... So enjoy it while you can, it leaves lasting memories for sure...

Yes I totally agree. I can see it with my 15 year old daughter. The idea of walking around in the cold digging pop tops is not too appealing to her. Women...who can figure them lol.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the solid roll.
Btw, you don't have to look at every date, if you look at the edge of the coins, the silver ones will be white/silver color, the clad will have the infamous reddish color to the rim.

HH

Some are tricky, so sound check also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread